help me pick out a car I will keep

B6-b7 s4’s were basically the same. They were 04-08.

If you really want all of that criteria it’s never gonna happen. Most awd cars will never see high 20’s for mpg. My 2011 Evo X will be lucky to see an average of 22-24 mpg if you baby it. I feel like you need to pick which of those features are most important to you and forget about the rest. I didn’t buy my car cause it got good gas mileage. You should check out new sti’s and evo’s. The interior in both is pretty nice I would say, but looks like crap if you compare it to German and luxury “sport” cars.

after looking at them they are no where near the mpg i am looking for

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

i really think its possible to get high 20’s with what i want… the is250 is damn close to every requirement except the power… if they were easily modified to get the power i would go get one… but they arent and dont take well to mods

im pretty stumped so thats why im looking beyond the honda/acura/toyota/lexus that i am confident with

I’m pretty stumped here, Saxon. I love my S4 for what it is (when it was running), but reliability sucks, they’re expensive as shit to fix, and I consistently average sub-16mpg.

One that comes to mind that might tick a couple of your requirements are Saab 9-3s, specifically the Aero’s with AWD. I don’t think they’re too bad looking. They have a couple different turbo motors to choose from… one I think is a twin turbo v6. I just have no idea on the pricing or reliability though…

I’m gonna stir some shit and say e46. They are cheap enough now to where the value wont decline much, if you take care of them they are reliable (as with anything), they still look modern even though they are 5-10 years old, and you’ll be 20+mpg. only 230hp stock though.

about the only thing I would be willing to give up is I need/want 25mpg with 70%highway and 30% city

S60R Volvo

test drove one, was not impressed at all to be honest

i am open to almost anything but a volvo or saab… working at a dealership there are some cars that you realize just arent worth it

i seriously think you will love a mkiv r32. and they get great gas mileage, and sound dope as shit with an exhaust. but they’re like 250whp

250 crank hp. I agree, I fucking love my R. To the OP you have a fast car, so for a DD get something fun, great interior awesome sound! I’ve been in evos and sti’s and the interior quality isn’t even close.

I’m so bias I audi there mpg and luxury > any other awd. Repairs are more if you pay labor but you seem like a hands on guy. Parts arnt that bad. I really loved my old 01 b5 a4 1.8t 30mpg all day on the highway.
Fast, reliable, cheap (pick 2)

this.

exactly, im asking for quick, reliable, good mpg, and dependable… never said cheap anywhere… im willing to pay to play just cant justify 18mpg average when i know its possible for better

thanks for the input though… a4’s are def nice, just like a golf r32 is very nice, but idk if it fits the luxury part

the problem i have with this whole argument is when you think luxury vehicle you tend to think of a bigger car and in that case a larger car isnt going to have a small eco friendly mpg conscious engine in it.

in most cases people buying these cars are concerned with the luxury aspect over most anything else. which is how you can justify the mpg’s of an s4/a6/r32/5 series BMW or some big body Benz.

i absolutely LOVED driving my s4 avant daily, so much in fact that after i bought my m3 i realized that i could care less about speed or a perfectly balanced 50/50 chassis. i clearly missed the luxury aspect of my audi so i went out on a mission to find another b6 to daily drive and although the 1.8t isnt the fastest thing in the world (aka slow as balls) i still think it makes for a much better driving experience on a day to day basis for me.

tl-sh, g37, is350, 335xi

This is dead on.

If I were you, I’d pick up an A4 with a 1.8 or 2.0 turbo and do a chip and exhaust or something similar. It’ll still be slow, but definitely quick enough for a DD in my opinion… plus they’re super comfy and easy to drive with pretty reasonable fuel economy.

I did have a b5 passat(very similar to a4’s) was an awesome DD. Even slammed on coils the ride wasn’t awful, great mpg averaged 35 a few times to and from Cleveland, real comfy interior.

B6 a4’s are even nicer than the b5’s too

i would say legacy gt or is250, we have a used 2010 is250awd at work right now, and it not that slow for a dd/winter whip. I would say mid 15sec car. You are NOT going to find a FAST AWD car that gets over 20mpg.

well we have an is250awd on the lot, love the looks, love the reliability factor, love the awd, great gas mileage… but damn i feel like a corolla is faster!!

legacy gt also traded in today at work, seemed really nice but the owner was only averaging 20mpg… if i get 20mpg i would want more performance

B7 or B8 A4 with a chip and a catback. I feel like that meets all your criteria.