Help me pick out a new truck..Updated 9/13 with new truck piczs

Trying to do a little homework since my dad is looking to get a brand new truck for himself and these are about the only two he is considering right now, unless I convince him otherwise.

Here are his requirements :

-crew cab 4 dr
-heated leather front seats
-top of the line model with every option
-4wd (duh)
-still a decent towing capacity
-V6 is preferred, but v8 is ok (but see above)
-short bed

After riding in audios ridgeline, i am really swaying towards that. awesome truck, rides great and seems to have good power with the V6. I also like the pimp storage area in the back in the bed, which i know my dad would get alot of use out of. Not to mention i know he would like how the tailgate swings out sideways and not just flips down like a conventional tailgate does.

The Nissan Titan is a nice truck too, but only comes with a V8, which my dad doesnt really need, although he def wants a full size truck. He is moving on from a 97 F150 so he doesnt want to step down in power or towing capacity. He is a big fan of Nissan though, and since this is a truck he will hold on to for a long time to come, long term reliability is obviously a big concern.

Any input or suggestions on other possibilities is appreciated, hes definitely going to buy some time early next week. The only thing he is set on is that he isnt interested in a Ford, GM, or Dodge truck. He may still consider a Tundra, but i dont know how it stacks up to the Ridgeline and Titan. Just looking for some input and advice on whats good for what he wants.

:tup:

Thanks.

get the honda. the tail gate flips down. get the honda.

There seems to be some good dealer incentives on F150s, but he doesnt want one.

Tundra …

I loved my Titan, but it was just too big and 11mpg was not fun. If I were to get a truck again, it’d probably be the Ridgeline, it’s great looking and seems very practical. If he’s not going to be doing any major towing, that should be perfect for him.

I have to admit though the new Silverado is nice too, and they have decent financing options on them now too.

Tundra…Frontier…Ridgeline…

/thread

ridgeline
5,000-lb. towing capacity (with towing package)

Titan
9,500-lb towing capacity

it really depends on what he is towing and how often, I use to work at a honda dealer back home I really like the ridgeline, ride simular to a car but has the features of a truck. At the same dealership I drove a 04’ titan which was a pain to get into the work bay because it is so large, plus bad gas mileage.

also how much is he looking to spend?

The back seats in the Tundra crew cab are fucking Huge. Toyota resale is top notch.

The tundra is fast, like rolling 15mph stomp on it and light em up fast, 14s in the 1/4 ; ok mpg, Toyota reliability, Great interior, Strong resale.

if he needs more truck then tundra it up. but for light duty i LOOOOOVE my ridgeline. love it. the gas mileage isnt excellent, but for a truck and being the aerodynamic equivelant of a brick…it aint too shabby. for the record i am getting about 21 average. fill it up once a week, and its a daily driver.

/thread

Does he tow something close to 5k? If so, cross the Ridgeline off the list. Was his F150 a V8? If so towing with the V6 Ridgeline is going to be a letdown. Torque down low > * when towing.

If he’s got 3k lbs or so to tow the Ridgeline gets my vote. More than that and I’d go Titan, then Tundra.

The Tacoma is pretty good for light duty. My old man has an '04 and it’s been rock solid.

^ Word. Almost bought one. The new style trucks are actually pretty big compared to the previous generation.

This is a tough question. I really like the Tundra and Titan. But if he doesn’t need a V8 then I would look at the Frontier, Ridgeline and Tacoma. They aren’t full size trucks, but are significantly bigger than previous versions.

Toyota FTW

I’d personally go with the Titan :tup: they look nice and they’re functional too

tundra - has all the rated numbers that he could use, will most likely be worth more after 10 yrs

Chevy HD - good ole standby, reliability is more proven

fuck that honda piece of shit they call a truck.

Tundra or Titan

If he doesn’t want a V8 or domestic then you’re only real options are the Frontier or Tacoma, at which point I’d lean towards the Tacoma. Why does everyone keep saying Tundra or Titan, they’re both full sizes with V8’s, sounds like its way more truck than he needs/wants. And he did say truck, the Ridgeline isn’t a truck, front wheel drive based and unibody isn’t a truck, its more like a rugged mini-van with AWD and an open box in the back.

seriously tell him to get the Tacoma,

Look at ebay, they sell for like $12k when they are 5 years old with over 100k, they hold value like no other except for maybe Diesel trucks

That’s why people keep suggesting full size trucks. If you want the Titan you’re getting a V8. You can get the Tundra with a 6 though I believe.

That article goes over each of the strengths and weaknesses of the major full size crew cab players.