Ridgeline or Tacoma...you decide

So I have been looking at trucks for a while and…before you say the ridgeline is not a truck…yea I know.
BUT I do like it.
Heres the deal. I do enough home remodeling and other crap to need “something” with a bed but not enough construction to need a big heavy duty pickup.
Im torn between the ridgeline and the tacoma and wanted to see where some of you stood. I have yet to drive either. The ridgeline suits my needs (light work with 4WD) but…its not a truck. I do like the tacoma’s but 1) its not a Honda (honda fan here) and 2) I like how the ridgelines rear seats fold up and also has a trunk in the bed. I probably wont be towing so that doesnt play into the picture. My wife will be driving it every now and then and im sure the ridgeline rides smoother then the tacoma

What do you guys think?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22319[/ATTACH]

http://image.motortrend.com/f/photo_gallery/trucks/1206_2012_honda_ridgeline_photo_gallery/38663023+h499/2012-Honda-Ridgeline-back-seat-2.jpg

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/data/500/honda.jpeg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22320[/ATTACH]

RIDGELINE IS NOT A FUCKING TRUCK.

i love tacomas ive wanted one ever since i discovered cars. i was looking at tacoma’s last spring, specifically a '05+ with 4wd, v6 and 6speed manual, however i discovered i could get into a fullsize truck for the same amount of money. plus, the v6 tacoma doesnt get any better mileage compared to a fullsize, and the fullsize has more space and load/towing capacity. i ended up getting my ram and love it, plus im averaging 20mpg combined city/hwy out of it.

keep in mind the previous generation tacomas did have a frame recall. if you go with an older one make sure it had the recall frame done, and then have it boxed in. they are cracking and the replacement frame is no better then the original.

THIS.

Seems like the ridgeline might suit you a bit better from what youve described but the tacoma is just cooler. and I would agree with you on both haha.

:worf:

lol i know i know. thats why this thread is not titled…which truck should I buy. If I called the ridgeline a truck then I might as well say the elcamino was a truck too…its not

The ridgeline I think suits my needs but for the price I could buy (like stated) a full size and get the same mpg.

Plus, im sure that if I got the ridgeline id then want to lift it, put tires on it and bring it some where a ridgeline shouldnt be, only to get stuck or twist the body

Just buy a silverado or an F150 and be done. You will pay way more money for a Honda or Toyota. You say you won’t tow, but someday your needs may change. Think about resale too…most people buying a truck are going to need it for towing or working and most are t going to spend extra to buy a “truck” that does less…

I personally like the tacoma, I don’t care for the ridgelines

Btw, I love the Tacoma but both of the interiors look super cheap to me. That is the one thing that prevented me from buying one. Sierra+ silverado+ ford interiors>>>all others

I’ll agree, tacoma interiors are straight doo-doo.

i agree with this but I also think the silverago interior is pretty plain. plastic all over the place. I have thought about the silverado…I go back and forth.

The comment about resale is true though. The crowd looking for a ridgeline is probably a lot smaller then someone looking for an actual truck

have you seen the interiors of the 4th gen rams? theyre actually really nice. i have the charcoal/tan two tone with some chrome trim here and there, looks really nice.

ridgelines remind me of the chevy avalanche

true but the avalanche has a mid gate that can be removed. the ridgeline cant pull this off since…its not a truck =(

why cant honda step their game up and make a real truck damn it

Chevy avalanche is discontinued just so you know. I do like the dodge trucks, but they are big $$$. I always come back to the fact that the silverado is the best bang for your buck with some of the best resale of all trucks out there.

Ridgeline if you want a car with some truck utility.

Some full sized real truck if you don’t. The Tacoma is just a bad compromise. It still rides like a truck, and gets shitty gas mileage like a truck, but is only 7/10ths as good at being a truck as a full sized.

looks like im one of the few that actually like the ridgeline and for what you explained you would be using it for, i think it would be just fine.

Tacoma > Ridgeline. Tacomas are pretty good and hold their value.

I’d rather have an SUV and a utility trailer though. The bed is going to be too small to really haul any long lumber since it will be hanging so far out of the bed.

:tup: on the ridgeline

If you’re not towing and don’t need a fullsize why not get Honda reliability and better gas mileage

Nissan Frontier?

+1

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

+1