Ridgeline or Tacoma...you decide

I like the Ridgeline.

…why isn’t it a truck?

this, plus i love the way ridgelines look

Unibody with sub-par towing capacity. It’s far from a truck.

This is EXACTLY what I went through about 5 months ago myself…which is why I ended up in a '12 F150 for the same money as a 5yr old Tacoma…

It’s a sweet truck too. I liked the interior.

The new F150 and Rams are awesome. The GM trucks are the same old same old which is good but old. Either get a real truck or don’t.

Sounds like you need a CTS-V Wagon with a trailer hitch.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Cadillac-CTS-V-Sportwagon1.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jtbrandt/4977193729/

Want my Xterra? '07 with a stick and a hitch. :tup:

I like hondas but the toyota will be more problem free in the long run than ANY truck. There is a reason Tacomas hold their values so well, there are well built trucks.

A ridgeline tows 5,000, this will do fine for small campers, sled trailers, small boats, a dodge caravan will tow all that shit. Everyone seems to think they need a full size pick up to tow a double sled trailer.

ridgeline for sure. it rides like a suv and functions like a truck.

You really selling it?

I feel like the ridgeline compromises too much. You cant fit lumber in it. You’d be better off buying something like a suburban or similar–same’ish size, more seating and more useable room so you can fit big/long shit in it if you need to. I think the “bed” of the ridgeline is stupid–why not just put a roof over it and combine it with the passenger compartment?. The only thing it would be good for is smelly shit (gas, hockey equipment, dead hookers, yada yada).

My stepdad has an 06 ram 2500 that i use frequently and i absolutely HATE it. Such a piece of shit–gets 8 mpg avg. Hopefully they have improved since '06 for all of you touting how nice the new ones are.

As soon as I can get around to washing/waxing/vaccuuming/armouralling it. Been driving a Civic since July.

I like how everyone freaked out about the Ridgeline not being a truck, when he said this in his main post.

U.S. literacy levels must be getting pretty bad.

PM me the details. I’m toying with the idea of getting a second vehicle.

That would leave you with the Honda pilot. That’s what I ended up with after looking at ridgelines. It has three rows of seating that fold down flat if you need to move something big. Plus, you can drive 7 friends somewhere if you want to.

f150

My father had 2 ridgelines he liked them but didn’t like the fact that they kicked out of 4 wheel drive after you got to about 20-30 and wasn’t very impressed with the gas mileage either never got to what it was estimated. I don’t know if they changed that since then his where 06-07s i believe. i personally like both trucks but i would probably go with the Tacoma.

If toyed with the idea of the pilot but correct me if I’m wrong, the pilot is 4wd all the time right? Worse mpg? I do like the idea of 7seats but then I get to thinking, building a family, why not get the odyssey? Seats 8 and the seats fold down. Not sure if I’m ready for a minivan just yet. Also, I have loaded many SUVs up when I worked at depot, and 90% of them had the side interior panels all scratched up from ply wood, drywall etc. last then I want to do is scratch up my interior. I do like how the pilots look though

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

Are you saying that 4wd shuts off after 20-30mpg…really?

He said that once it got up to around 30 mph the 4wd kicked out.

That’s stupid