Ridgeline or Tacoma...you decide

yeah im not sure if that’s something they changed in the newer ones or not but i always thought it was stupid too.

Have them include a spare set of panels in the price-- get a price you like, and say “ill sign now if you add a spare…”. Scratched cargo panels aren’t a reason not to buy a vehicle. Id rather be able to USE the space and scratch the interior a little but, than have a useless 4 foot bed and have to borrow a vehicle from a friend if i need to buy drywall.

Did the same math 6 months ago. Bought an RTS Ridgeline. Don’t buy a sport, they’re stripped inside, RTS has power drivers seat and the nice radio.

I had an 06 1500 and that was a POS too, so many little problems that annoy the fuck out of you. Don’t get me wrong mechanically it ran fine but was falling a part piece by piece and I only had 65k miles on it. No improvements until the new body style came out. 06-08’s from what I’ve read were the worst years for the Ram.

For those of you saying you like the way the ridgeline looks am I missing something?

I current have a RTL Ridgeline that I drive daily and I think its perfect mix of space/haul machine. The storage alone in the bed makes it perfect alone. Hauling drywall and timber was never an issue either. I think the payload is under rated. I usually haul about 3 tons of crushed stone and it was riding fine (it dropped the real like half the normal ride height)

which is why i put it in capslock to give him a hard time…i can read just fine…lol

I like the sport due to the grill, rims and other little things. Does the RTS have the back up camera? What year RTS do you have? How do you like it?

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

What year RTL do you have?

Are you saying that 4wd shuts off after 20-30mpg…really?

Found this on wiki, not sure if they are still this way or not though…

Honda’s AWD traction system

The Ridgeline is powered by a transversely mounted J35A91, (2006–2008) J35Z5, (2009–present) 3.5 L V6 with a five speed automatic transmission.

The all-wheel drive system operates in front-wheel drive mode under normal conditions and automatically transfers power to either rear wheel via a locking differential when it senses a loss of traction in the front. The VTM-4 system can be locked in first, second or reverse gears at speeds under 18 mph (29 km/h).

The VTM-4 lock (rear diff lock) works in full rear power mode up until 6 mph (9.7 km/h) then it gradually transitions to power to the front and releases the VTM-4 lock at 18 mph (29 km/h)[1] .[2]

The all-wheel drive system has been tested on and has completed the following obstacle course by Honda engineers: 28-degree dirt hill, Sand hill, Water pit, Rock roads, Embedded log course, Step-up, step-down, Sand drag strip, Gully course, Ground contact course, Washboard road, Frame twister, Power hop hill (23-degree slope with rippled surface), Gravel road, Startable grade.

The Honda Ridgeline Won the Baja 1000 in the Stock Mini Class. All vehicles in the Stock Mini Class compete with a stock engine, transmission and 4WD system.[3]

Good find
I’d love to see the ridgeline in action during those tests

get the tacoma, there is a reason they are going for full-size price

they hold there value better than any car/truck out there

they tow/haul more than they are rated for

im not a truck guy but if i were in your situation the Tacoma would be the clear decision

I have a ridgeline and love it. Get a RTL, I did just for resale value down the road.I use the Navi here and there but its nice to have leather seats that are heated. It is a truck, it has a frame and a bed so fuck off. I have put a ton of shit in the back, you would be surprised what it can hold. Also its a Honda, anything goes wrong I know hondas pretty well and can fix it.

I love honda’s , i believe they make the most reliable cars…

but do this with a ridgeline

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/313710_574665379534_338427585_n.jpg

You can do that and it would look just as fucked up as that Tacoma looks.

Glad to see another ridgeline loving their…truck =)
I was pumping gas the other day and noticed a ridgeline next to me. i asked the guy how he liked it and he got all excited telling me if he had more money he’d buy a second one tomorrow lol.

JDMSIR, whats your mpg…20?

+1. Tacoma looks grossly overloaded.

Can you bring 4x8 sheets of plywood or drywall home in either one? An SUV with a big roof rack (i.e. my xterra) works well for that, or a full sized truck with an 8 foot bed is even better. Minivans are gay as hell but even they can swallow 4x8 sheets. Or even a full sized truck with a 6’ bed and you can let the sheets hang over the end works. But how useful is a small truck crossover type thing, really? What if you need some 12’ 2x4’s? It seems like the tacoma would be no more useful than an Accord for that.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=61809&stc=1&d=1349753543
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=61878&stc=1&d=1350247461

you can get a tacoma with a 6’ bed…

I REALLY wanted a v6, 6-speed manual, 6’ bed, 4dr cab tacoma…but even used with 70k miles on them would have been literally the exact same price as a 0-mile brand new F-150…the F150 has more space, more towing capacity, and the mpg’s are only different by 1mpg.

I assume that’s shorter than a 6’ bed?

+1

I tow a 2900 lb boat + double axle trailer with brakes + 36 gallons of gas + loaded with wakeboard gear and other accessories with a 2011 Honda Pilot. Official tow capacity is 4500 lbs. I’m probably closer to 5k, but I don’t really pay much attention. I’ve never had an issue with stopping/going/steering with it. I assume the Ridgeline is at least similar in terms of how it tows?