Ridgeline or Tacoma...you decide

that’s a 5’ bed, but closer to 4’-9"…toyota rounded up. LOL. it’s JUST over 6’ with the gate down.

“5 foot” bed:

6 foot bed:

http://images1.americanlisted.com/nlarge/2007_toyota_tacoma_4wd_double_cab_long_bed_4x4_trd_sport_25950_auburn_ca_11146129.jpg

Jeeze 6’ or nothing for sure. How wide is it between the wheel wells? Looks like you can lay a sheet flat in a ridgeline. How long is a ridgeline bed?

search says:

Cargo Bed Length (in, tailgate up/down) 60.0 / 79.0
Cargo Bed Width (in, between wheel wells) 49.5

but I feel like that’s incorrect…might be with the back panel to the cab opened up for cargo room, I’ve always felt like it was 4 feet or so…

Ridgeline bed fits 4x8 sheets across perfect, 5 foot bed and an extra foot with the tailgate down. It also has a Fucking beer cooler built in the truck bed, 4 bright bed lights, fold up rear seat where you can put a 60 tv all kinds of shit. what cool shit does the Tacoma have? . It has 5000 towing cap as well.

Lol. I like you

Yea that’s a plus in my book. Fitting a sheet of ply between the wheelwells of the ridgeline. I’ve also seen people lay 2x4s down first, then drywall on top so the wood was supporting the end. Not that the 2’ would snap off on some random bump or pothole. But atleast it’s supported

So much of a debate when I bet the OP is going to use this for a “truck” 5 times a year :lol:

I didn’t want to drive something that rode like shit 360 days a year to haul something half-ass the other 5 days

Hah
Don’t worry. I’ll use it more then 5 times a yr.

But that’s the thing, the other 3xx days I don’t really want a rough ride

A lot of 'Yota converts over to RL’s b/c of the TRD ride Quality or lack thereof, pretty common.

If you look at pictures of any truck towing anything on the internet you need the background info on the setup before judging it. Wow that truck must tow great because there is no sag or the truck looks perfectly level towing a 5th wheel, etc. Does the truck have a leveling kit, or different leafs in the rear, or even better - airbags? All these things can factor into how you make your truck look when towing anything, and a simple google search of a truck towing something doesn’t give you the full story.

When I was looking for a truck, I originally started at the mid-size, looking at dakotas, tacomas, etc. Then I said to myself hey, if I’m going to get pretty much the same MPG, but have more versatility - towing, interior room, bed space, etc - why not just go full size? That’s how I ended up with a silverado. Of course, everyone’s needs are different. I can easily put a four wheeler in my bed if I need to, and don’t have to think twice about it fitting. I’m not saying that’s what you’ll be doing, but think about the big picture and also the future for sure.

Drive a fun car. Buy a truck that you don’t give a fuck about, use it when you need it. That way you can actually use it and not care. If you are actually going to use a truck at all in the way it is useful it really can’t be nice or it’s pointless. Fill the bed with stone, dirt, transmissions, equipment what have you. Anyone who buys a nice truck doesn’t need one. Usually a van is MUCH MUCH MUCH more useful but men don’t want to admit that. New trucks are for guys who like to look like they do manly work. Vans are for guys that do.

I’ve had transmissions in the trunk of my cars, and actually had guys with trucks worried about scratching their beds or worried about oil getting on their bedliners. Seriously? I’ve had 30 bags of mulch in the back of a van, and even a load of scrap. I seriously hate truck owners if you can’t tell.

I love how people who drive 1500’s and F-150’s say the ridgleline isn’t a truck, yet they don’t want to hurt the bed of their truck. You should be willing to kick the bed of your truck with all your might the day you get it, if you aren’t, it’s just a car that gets crapping gas mileage.

Unless you need a 5th wheel you probably don’t need a truck. A 3/4 ton van can tow 10000lbs, even more if it’s diesel, so unless you need to use a 5th wheel, I doubt anyone actually needs a truck.

Tacoma…

Pic says it all.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22336[/ATTACH]

sounds like you had your mind made up before you even posted this thread. and if MPG is one of the reasons for getting the smaller vehicle…a few of the new fullsizes are getting about 20 mpg with way more capabilities.

i was pretty worried going back to a truck from my bmw, but the factory 4 link and coils rides quite nice in my ram.

theres quite a bit of false in your post. i bought a fullsize truck out of necessity, not because i want to feel like a man. vans are NOT as good as a truck. ive used it to haul engines, transmissions, dirt, concrete, other building materials, towing, etc, however i still dont have any intentions of kicking the side of my truck or abusing it. why would someone even have that mentality of not caring about something they spend thousands of dollars on? and btw, he has a beater truck and a nice car. it seems he wants to get a nicer truck for a DD.

Honda trucks are ugly and lame

Tacoma for sure! They are all around great trucks

↑ At least you called it a truck. I think the RL looks pretty awesome. Its rides awesome and I feel awesome driving it knowing I can throw whatever i need in the back and still have Honda reliability. Just get the ridgeline already, you wont be dissapointed.

I was shopping a Ridgeline and Tacoma a couple of years ago. My brother bought a Ridgeline with leather, navigation, heated seats, which made me consider it. I decided on the Tacoma for a couple of reasons - resale, utility and aftermarket. The Tacoma has one of the best resale values of any truck. I bought a TRD Off Road version that rides great, it has Bilsteins from the factory. Don’t get me wrong, it is still a truck, but I don’t mind daily driving it. I have the 5 foot bed, and have been able to carry 16’ pieces of moulding by opening the slider and putting half of it in the cab. For utility, the bed has an inverter in it, so when I am traveling, I can charge my laptop. When I am at home working on my yard, I can run a circular saw or sawzall to cut branches and scrap to fit into the bed. Plus the bed has a decent liner in it from the factory. I also have the tow package (6500 lbs), so I can use a trailer to load up heavy/large stuff I can’t carry in the bed. I have a set of BFG All Terrain tires that are larger than stock, and average 20 MPG doing 75MPH while driving from 1600’ elevation in Phoenix to 8000’ elevation in Northern Arizona.

To be honest, I couldn’t get over the look of the Ridgeline either. Something just looked wrong with it. Today you have better choices with the F150 (like the Ecoboost or new 5L V8) than I did a couple of years ago.

Also, if you get the Tacoma I have a short bed rubber mat that I made. It is like 5x thicker then the aftermarket one that I can let go for cheap. :slight_smile: