Help me pick out a new truck..Updated 9/13 with new truck piczs

Thanks a bunch for all the input guys. As far as towing capacity is concerned, the most he will tow is his friends small boat which is considerably less than 5k lbs, and that wont happen that often. Besides that, I know I will use it in the winter to tow a trailer with a few snowmobiles, and we’ll also be using the trailer to bring building supplies once i start building my house. But that covers the extent of all the towing it will ever see, its nothing major. Not to mention his F150 was a 5.4 rated at 235 hp, the Ridgeline 6 cylinder is rated at 247, so its got a slight advantage there, although the F150 had considerably more torque. Still, that shouldnt make a difference here.

The Tundra is a nice truck no doubt, but I think in his case the Ridgeline is going to be the way to go. He was actually talking about just getting a nice car this time around, but the bottom line is he still needs a bed to carry stuff around occasionally without having to sacrifice a nice ride and enough seating room for 4. A big V8 would be a waste for him, as most of the time he is just DDing it to get where he needs to go.

Im gonna be out of town this weekend, but we’re going to test drive a Ridgeline on Monday, so Ill let you guys know how it goes. He seems pretty dead set on the Honda now, but Im gonna make him go to the Nissan and Toyota dealers and at least take a good look at the new Titan and Tundra as well.

Oh and as for pricing, he doesnt care, its really not a factor. I told him to expect to be in the neighborhood of 40k give or take a few grand for a nicely loaded new full size truck, and hes fine with that, he just wants a truck that suits his needs the best, this truck will carry him into retirement and he plans on keeping it for a long time to come.

Thanks again for the help fellas :tspry: