HELP MY SLED TOOK A SHIT!

I was cruising with 87fox and testicle around fox’s yard maybe 15-20mph and while i was driving it just shut down and came to a stop. i then tried to start it and it makes a weird grinding noise. but the cord is still hard to pull and chugs so there still has to be compression? im thinking its something to do with the crank?

The sled is a 98 Formula Z Deluxe 583

did it shut off like you killed the ignition, or did it sound weird as it died ?

pull the plugs and see what they look like. metal on them? physical damage?

yep

do you have an electric start?? check your belt how old is it check out your secondary clutch also ??

125 in on jug 75 in the other :frowning:

elec star would have had nothing to do with it. it was in the motor that was making the noise

obv im screwed and i need a new piston,rings or rod

crank bearing. that is my guess

crank bearing isnt going to cause the compression numbers. time to pull the jug and rebuild it. two strokes are super easy and pretty cheap to rebuild.

i did not c the comp #

did you have enough oil in it? my first guess on the weird grinding noises would be crank bearings, most likely getting chewed up and spitting shrapnel up the transfer port and probably breaking a ring.

best place to buy a rebuild kit?

yeahh i pulled the head off of it and i see that there is some weird scratches on the edge of the piston and also has same scratches on the head in the same spot.

there is enough oil in it.

where is the noise comming from? My buddy had a similer problem with his 670 mxz and it ened up being the stator. It basialy fell apart and was jumping around inside the flywheel. See if you still have spark and fuel then go from there.