HELP-PLEASE!!

ok so i installed a s14 95 kade into my 1993 coupe and i am having some dificulties.
when im driving some times my temp gauge will drop down to cold and it takes my car for ever to warm up. what im wondering is it possible i hooked up the heater hoses backwards. is this possible? they were in different places any info appeciated

My second problem is my dtrl and h.u.d wont turn on right away. i turn the switch and the out side lights will turn on but not the dash lights or hud… any one have this problem ever?

this car is going on the road tommorow so i need to know the heat issue asap. could it be the thermostat?

it might be a thermostat, but i would guess its air in the system. change the stat and make sure you bleed it very well once you are done.

If you follow along where the top rad hose connects to the engine you will see two sensors (still going towards the block) and then a 10mm bolt that just seems to be screwed in to the manifold. When your topping off the rad, loosen (dont take out) that bolt and let the air bleed out until you see coolant coming out steady. That is the high point to bleed air out of the cooling system. Hope that helps.

what do you mean by it drops down to cold. does it warm up and drop down. i did a sr redtop into my s14 and i had to use the temp sensor from the stock ka. because the gauge will not work with the temp sensor from the s13 sr motor. so if the gauge is just dropping down all of a sudden. maybe u need to use the temp sensor from the original motor you had. and yeah also try bleeding the system.

i have bleeded the system a number of times. when i pull out the screw high pressure steam blows like a hurricain outa the bleed screw, and i do it with the engine elivated. my main Q. is can the heater hoses be reversed. is it possible?

when you cannot look at another car for reference, try the FSM;

http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6495

which intake manifold did you use and which temp sensors? S13 sensors to match your S13 cluster and ECU?

Do you have taillights? IIRC the tailights and dash lights share a fuse

its just that i have exausted all my options trying to look and see a pic of some one that has a 95 motor in a 93 coupe. i need to know if the heater hoses are connected right b4 i rip apart the thermostat its fucking -15 out and i dont want to be dicking around.i just need to know what heater hose goes where… the hoses were different sizes and in different places.

^thats nice, which intake manifold did you use?

iirc - 0n a 1995 - the upper hose on the firewall has the valve and connects to the front heater hose intake manifold hook up. and the lower hose is shorter and connects to the closest pipe.

and S14 intake manifold has much nicer heater core hook ups and thats why I ask…

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/461/181/26150090073_large.jpg

i used the s14 intake. and i adapted the hoses to fit the s13 chassis. i think there on back wards from what im reading. ill try running her the other way see what happens. and im going to change the thermostat anyways now. this motor never had any issues as far as i could tell i drove it b4 i pulled it outa the s14. so here goes. and the car is on the road now!! yay!

If you pull the bleeder screw out, and steam comes out then it is not bled yet. Nick hit me up on my cell after 3:30, I will come down and we will figure this out buddy.

are you using a S13 KA24de ECU?

did you change BOTH temp sensors? ECU and dash? for S13 ones? the parameters are different, wrong sensor = wrong reading…

steam… not bled fully is my guess(as stated above post)… can take 1/2 hour or more sometimes…

There is only one temperature sensor, it is the one with only one lead. The sensor right beside it is the EGR temperature sensor, it has 2 wires.

i am using the 93 dohc computer that was in the car. and does any one have a pic of the temp sensor location? and the hoses were reversed i switched them and instant hot air and the temp gauge goes up more. so thats one thing down. now the temp sesor

YOU NEED TO HAVE A S13 KA TEMP SENSOR.

My 1993 sr20’s temp sensor did not give the proper reading in my 1995 s14. It would peg the gauge to hot. I am guessing the opposite is the truth for you. Get the proper temp sensor for your application.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=254375
i found this and im going to go pick up the right ones off the motor that was in the car. thanks guys will keep you posted

You’re welcome.

ok so sensors are changed. and i am getting a precise reading!! and coolent is flowing well. thanks to all now the only issue is why my h.u.d doesnt work right away.

2 temp sensors… 1 wire and a 2 wire…

EGR? really ? its immursed in coolant…

car is running fantastic just needs a alignment now.