sr over heating and dies

i just swaped a redtop into a s14, finished around 6 this morning.
the car over heats real quick i get no heat and after a few seconds of running the car dies on me.
its infront of a shop my friend works at i need the car reallllllllllllllllllll badly let me know what i shud do id like 2 fix the overheating problem first so i can atleast drive it home.

Sounds like you need to bleed the air out of the coolant system.

Either that or the thermostat is stuck closed, but my bet is on a big ass air pocket in the rad.

^ I agree with him…
did you replace the stat before putting the sr in?

bleed ur system and check for leaks

i tried bleeding nothin happens i get heat for like a few mintues thats about it

what cars thermostat fits in the sr

does it matter what temp sensor im using do i nned 2 use the 1 form the ka

the car shutting off problem is probably becuz i never hooked up the iacv on the sr20 i couldnt find the wire so i jus skipped it. doesnt any 1 know where the wire for is and what the colour is

you do need the SR temp sensor. The SR ECU won’t read the signal.

But as for overheating, it still sounds like you’re not getting any coolant into the block. Try bleeding it again.

Is the top rad hose getting pressurized? If not, the thermostat isn’t opening.

The coolant sensor will just make the car run rich or lean. You’re better off leaving it unplugged than using the wrong one.

As for thermostats, I don’t know, but I think you can use the FWD SR20, which is off the shelf at Canadian tire.

Also, your timing could be off. If it’s super advanced, it’ll heat up in a hurry.

Without the IAC hooked up, you’ll need to use your foot to keep air going into the motor.

ok i got that fixed turns out the car wasnt over heating but the gauge was giving a wrong reading. so i got all the problems fixed and then i went 2 start the car and it wouldnt start. so i added some gas becuz it was low but that wasnt the problem then i checked for spark there was none and for some reason i just stopped getting power for the coil pack and ignition. i messed around with the wiring for about a hour and half got nothing called it a day.
any 1 think they can fix this p.m. me cuz im pissed i started the swap yesterday at 1pm and came home 2 day morning at 11:00

[QUOTE=mr200;219295]you do need the SR temp sensor. The SR ECU won’t read the signal.

i used the ka temp sesor never made a dif but the sensor for the gauge from the ka gave me a acurate reading

You got it. S14 temp sensor for S14 temp guage

ya i had a feeling it would b that .
thanks alot for the help i was so messed up cuz of the lack of sleep nothing was coming 2 my head.
i

the reason my car never started yesterday becuz my main power plug was loose.