HELP! Short Shifter Instal

Hey, im installing a shortshifter, have a few questions… I have it almost off except for the 2 bolts at the front, one of them is completly loose, but there isnt enough room inbetween the tranny and the body to remove it…

1)How the fuck do you get the bolts off that are that the front(closest to the motor) They are underneath everything, how do you get them off?

2)Do I need to drop the tranny to remove/install the shifter plate(I think thats the name of it)

3)If I could, should I saw the bolts off? Or is it a must that I reinstall those bolts so shit doesnt get into my tranny or whatever.

Hopefully someone can give me help ASAP because I am in the middle of doing this right now hehe

Getting under the car and dropping down the Trans 4 or 5 inches will be your best bet on getting to ALL 6 bolts that hold the plate down…Unless you want to cut up your hands.

When I installed mine, i had my engine and tranny out of the car, so it took about 30 seconds to swap them out. Unless you have retarded small hands, dropping the tranny a few inches is going to be your best bet to get at all 6 bolts.

I reached mine no problems. Hmm. I’ve heard of guys in the states having to cut the tranny tunnel under the stereo to access it easier. But then this means a good sized hole in the tranny tunnel.

Maybe loosen the tranny mount (support the tranny), it may come down enough to get the bolt out/in.

A short 12mm racketing stubby wrench works fine. I cut holes in mine. Plugged them up with grommets.

I love grommets.

You’ve probably figured this out already. But for anybody who maybe searchs in the future…? http://forums.780tuners.com/images/smilies/iono.gif

What I did was took a small 4" X 1/4-5/16-3/8 extension(Which ever size it is…it was small) for one of my rachets, then cut the end off and welded it back on at a 90 degree angle. Then after a while I mastered the two finger unbolting motion inbetween my tranny and the body and was able to put those bastards on and off pretty easy.
(i’ve taken the shifter off alot… for misc reasons)

However, like I am sure you may already know by now…if you jack your car up you can usually fit your hand up on both sides of the tranny having easy access to those bolts which takes ten seconds to undo them opposed to my crooked hand technique with a custom unit.

Anyway…Like I said, probably done and good now. But for anybody who is stuck and looking for a method. There was mine.

Yea, i just unbolted the crossmember and dropped it like an inch, got the screws out, did it all.

Going to do it all over again tmr, changing fluid, and the gasket because I ripped it…