Help with Firefox

My Firefox recently took a shit (like it does every so often) and lost all my bookmarks, etc. No big deal since I back them up frequently. But now the little Google search box doesn’t work. It lost all the search engines in it and won’t let me add any. I’ve tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and it still won’t work. Anyone know how to fix this???

have you tried redownloading the latest version? or aer you using an old version on the computer?

Yea, I’m running the most current one. I got it back now after finding all the registry files and deleting them. I tried to backup my profile, but when I do it just loses the Google search again. Guess I’ll have to not backup my profile…

yeah if it ever happens where it asks you to pick a profile, dont. close it up and ctrl/alt/del and find the instance of FF running and close it, should be all set

Weird, I never have any of those problems with firefox. However, I did have a problem of not being able to delete bookmarks, but that was a simple profile issue.

I have the same problem sometimes, when nothing works i will restart the computer to the day before. Use system recovery.

i should try that next time. my computer just randomly resets itself on occassion, and if i have firefox open when it happens is usually ends up losing my entire profile and this past time is when it lost all its search engines.