Help with SOHC timing chain tensioner

Anyone know how to put the thing all the way back? it’s completely out now after i snapped the cam and i can’t get it to go back in. This it the last thing i need to fix before i can put my head back on tomarrow. So any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks(sorry bout my spelling)

I told you man you gotta take off the front cover to get in there to re-align it.

i really don’t want to pull the crank pully off adam, there has got to be a way.

Unfortuanally thats the way the FSM says its done.

There might be but good luck buddie…

darn, i was hoping to have it running on thursday.

oh well, next week it is…

On a side note, the piston has 2 nice valve marks on it, but the valve isn’t bent, also it has a metal headgasket and silicone. You think it’s been done before?

Ya man the SOCH valves are nuts all my valves smashed into the pistons and not a single scratch on any of them but the pistons were fudged.

I wouldn’t be suprised if it has been changed before.

i replaced my guides and tensioner in the summer time and the only way to get to the tensioner is to take the front cover of like shift_sr20det said. Its a pain in the ass but you have to do it becuase i dont see any other way to get at it.

I have removed the hydralic tensioner with out removeing the front cover before. If I remember corectly it is only one 10 mm bolt holding it on and I just use a wrench to get to it but you have to be carefull not to drop anything. Tie a peice of sting to your wrench. It was prop 4 years ago when I did it so I can’t quite remember how I did it but I know I did it

Thanks for all the help, i discovered this after i pulled the big chunk of cam out of my oil pan, and had the front cover off. Should be back togeather by end of next week.

thanks again.