help!

ok so i went to go turn on my s13 sr toaday and it wouldnt start. so i had a look to see if i was getting spark. and as it turns out i am getting spark on cyl 2,3,4 but not number one. i tried switching the coil packs around and the pack that didnt work on number 1 works on number 2. i had a look at the plug that connects the coil pack harness to the rest of the car and i am getting 12 volts to that plug…

not sure where to go from here, any help is appreaciated!

thanks

nate

When were they last replaced? Maybe too worn and doesnt have enough voltage for the gap. Did you check the distributor cap/rotor for bends/cracks, damage or residue?

You should take out your spark plugs and burn the tip until it turns red. Wait for it to cool down and put it back in, its a temporary fix but if the electrode wear is the problem than this may last increase its longevity for few more miles, enough to atleast get your car to a Canadian Tire/NAPA store.

spark plugs are good as i get spark with the on the other coil packs. i cant see any damage at all to any of the wires ect…

so basically you’re saying that its losing voltage, you dont know where along the lines but you know its not the electrodes conductivity nor distributor cap/rotor and both coilpacks have the same result?

replace your igniter with a known good working igniter. see if that helps.

then do the same for the ecu.

ok ill try the igniter, as for ecu, i have tried both a power fc setup and stock ecu and both have same result.

x2 what mike said. Also check the wiring going in/coming out of the ignitor.

xenonvibe its coil-on-plug, no rotor cap or dist.

ok well i got a spark on no 1 cyl by playing around with the ignitor. however i didnt have time to start it right after that. and not near the car tonight. so i am thinking, would the ignitor cause the car not to start?

yes.

seems you figured out the problem.

hope my igniter never goes on my RB :frowning:

just got er started :slight_smile: :slight_smile: all the new mods are workin mint!!! thanks for the help guys!

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: