Help?

I have a 2008 vw gti and when i put it into 1st gear it goes into reverse and it will not go into 2nd gear. what does that mean?

Did you just buy this car or have you had it for a while?

bought it at the end of march of this year

I was trying to figure out if you were being a total n00b and putting the car into reverse when you thought it was first, but you’ve been driving it to long for that to be the case.

But it does sound like you’re just putting the stick in the wrong gate. Post a video of what you’re doing?

Looks like this right?

http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/images/product/iadmin/3780_x600.jpg

i know where the gears are, but when u put it into first it just goes in reverse and when you try to put it into 2nd its like hitting a brick wall. But it goes into 3rd,4th,5th and 6th gear just fine that’s why i don’t get what could be wrong. I am not good when it comes to this kind of stuff that’s why i posted it up.

is the shifter modified? if not… just call the dealer, you have a warranty for a reason. Being a brokeswagon, you should use your warranty as much as possibly while you can

no its not modified and i am calling them tomorrow just was seeing if anyone knew anything about this problem

See if your shifter cable is still connected, I have an 01 and when the same thing happened I was restricted to R 1 3 5.

Shifter cable and shifter bushings

Shift linkage.

But if it had been maintained properly…

It still wouldn’t work right :slight_smile: