help :)

Originally posted by Darkstar
no. B18C5’s run 11.x:1 compression ratio. you’ll have to immediatly to lower the compression down to 9.x:1, which will in essence be the same thing as a B18C you could have got for a few grand less. From what i understand, ITR cams are also not well suited to boost, and are a bitch to tune around. I mean its certainly possible to do so, as BoostedITR41 and Vapor Trail are both currently running that setup, but that motor came stock in their cars.

stock itr cams have already made 600+whp :confused:

Originally posted by brokeasskorean
stock itr cams have already made 600+whp :confused:

thats just what ive read. Im not a B-series guru…

USDM ITR c/r = 10.6:1
JDM ITR c/r = 11.1:1

Both are a little to high to boost.

If you’re looking to turbo a VTEC engine, then go with the USDM GSR.

10.1:1 c.r and the cams handle boost well. They’re arguably the best B series VTEC cams to use with a turbo application. I’m selling mine if anyone is interested.

boost fed on honda-tech made a 24 or 26whp jump by swaping the B16A cams he has to 97-98 ITR cams…also that motor made 616whp on 1.7L:tounge: so if they aren’t good for boost I don’t know what is

I don’t think she’s looking for 600 + whp.

I’ve read a lot on H-T as well and GSR cams are a popular cam to run with a turbo and they’re a good bit cheaper than Type R too.

600 whp is just a lil too much…

thanks guys!!

Manda thought you wanted an LS?? you can do more stuff to an LS for the price you pay for a type r motor or an H22 drop out…

a type r swap is def. not worth the money,for what the swap costs u can buy a gsr motor,do some work to it and it’ll walk all over a type r swap

a type r swap is def. not worth the money,for what the swap costs u can buy a gsr motor,do some work to it and it’ll walk all over a type r swap

exactly. I love my ITR motor but if it didn’t come in the car I wouldn’t drop 6500 bucks to swap one in

< - have a friend selling a complete H22 setup…

engine, tranny, all the way down to the axles

atleast i believe he still has it, i’ll check if intrest is shown

i guess sarah i am stickin with the ls… but i was advised against it "“because im a girl and i cant handle a ls motor with a turbo setup…”

but fuck it… watch and see… :slight_smile:

Screw it… Just go with the K20A and be done. :bigthumb:

Originally posted by blazinpink
i guess sarah i am stickin with the ls… but i was advised against it "“because im a girl and i cant handle a ls motor with a turbo setup…”

who said that?

practically every guy i know…

practically every guy i know…

thats bs building a a integra for a girl at the shop now!

was a auto ls

now gsr 5 speed turbo!

dont let any of that shit get to you you will make them eat there own words cause girls = weight reductioin unless your up againts jeff

:smiley:

i say go for the LS swap and then turbo…that will be your cheapest and most “reliable” (and i use that word loosely) turbo honda application.

You can’t… You have no experience with fast cars… Your main car you drive is a caviler… I’m gonna watch and see you shoot a rod out your block or run it into a guardrail cause you don’t know how to handle the car…
Who cares if the guy you are seeing/banging lets you drive his h22 swapped civic… You need to pull your head outta the clouds can come back to reality… It will be another few years til you actually do this swap… You know nothing about cars… The only thing you know is people that know lots about doing this stuff… And these guys are not even wanting to involve themselves in this shit anymore…

Originally posted by Crack Head
You can’t… You have no experience with fast cars… Your main car you drive is a caviler… I’m gonna watch and see you shoot a rod out your block or run it into a guardrail cause you don’t know how to handle the car…
Who cares if the guy you are seeing/banging lets you drive his h22 swapped civic… You need to pull your head outta the clouds can come back to reality… It will be another few years til you actually do this swap… You know nothing about cars… The only thing you know is people that know lots about doing this stuff… And these guys are not even wanting to involve themselves in this shit anymore…

way to dig up an old thread…

way to dig up an old thread…

I’m sorry I dug up a thread that was 10 days old… Just had to get my 2 cents in…

Originally posted by Crack Head

wow really? first real FAST car i bought was my cobra… ive owned it for a year and a half and havent fucked the engine yet :rolleyes: