help :)

Originally posted by blazinpink
agreed, however i dont have 3 grand to dump into say a gsr motor…

i can get an h22 bout about 800… lots less money… or atleast this is what im being told.
I know that the h22 swap is going ot be difficult. But ia m prepared :slight_smile:

who said u can get a complete swap of a h22 for 800 bucks that will be guaranteed to run and not missing any parts?

i would definetly go with the GSR motor… I like mine… when it doesnt give me any shit… lol

lol i got hook ups… and really good friends who have h22’s in their cars and what not…

if someone can find me a gsr motor that isnt an assload of money by all means lemme know… lol

I’ve got a 96 b18b semi complete swap… ctr pistons, crower stg. 3 cams, springs/retainers, mild head work, bottom end is new and balanced for a half decent price. Just needs assembled :angel:

lol i got hook ups… and really good friends who have h22’s in their cars and what not…

if someone can find me a gsr motor that isnt an assload of money by all means lemme know… lol

cant your hook ups help you out on a gsr swap?

Originally posted by Vapor Trail
cant your hook ups help you out on a gsr swap?

seriously,if they can get u an h22 for 800 bucks they can probably get u a gsr swap for 500

It’s hard to decide what you want to do when you have a Honda.

LS/VTEC’s, CRVTEC’s, B16’s, B17’s B18C’s, H22’s, LS-Turbo, B series Turbo’s etc…

If you don’t have much to work with, a Turbo LS would be my first choice.

dont be stupid

you allready have a good base/ls motor

get a b16 vtec head bam slap it on and be done! or give us a call and let us do it

in the process of doing that exact same swap right now!

Originally posted by 2FNFast
dont be stupid

you allready have a good base/ls motor

get a b16 vtec head bam slap it on and be done! or give us a call and let us do it

in the process of doing that exact same swap right now!

in all honesty,if u think just “slapping” a vtec head on a LS bottom end is goin to run good there is something wrong with u…

Originally posted by brokeasskorean
in all honesty,if u think just “slapping” a vtec head on a LS bottom end is goin to run good there is something wrong with u…

x2

Originally posted by brokeasskorean

of course there is the plug and you have to run the oil pressure into a t and up in and some othe -6 fittings

Originally posted by 2FNFast
of course there is the plug and you have to run the oil pressure into a t and up in and some othe -6 fittings

and the whole only having 9:1 compression will probably also make it slow as dirt

stay away from frank motors unless you are doing a serious build. thats how i feel at least.

the h22 swap ends up costing a lot more than the inital cost of the motor. a b18c1 is fun and has lots of potential for either boost or NA.

if going ls, turbo will be your cheapest route to good power. ive seen a few guys modifying sohc greddy kits for ls motors with very good results. 8psi by 3k and lots of torque.

if you go b18c, try to get a type r tranny. i wish i would have done that to start, now im getting one a year later.

if i do the type r, can i still turbo it- i just want something fast… im tryng to dtay away from the ls, everyone has it i want something different.

put a C32A in it…

:cool:

yes you can turbo a ITR block but it is not economicly a good idea. I did it cause I have the ITR block stock it is too much to swap then turbo

what about turboing a B20? I don’t know a whole lot about B-series… wouldn’t that be a good solution for a Civic?

if i do the type r, can i still turbo it- i just want something fast… im tryng to dtay away from the ls, everyone has it i want something different.

no. B18C5’s run 11.x:1 compression ratio. you’ll have to immediatly to lower the compression down to 9.x:1, which will in essence be the same thing as a B18C you could have got for a few grand less. From what i understand, ITR cams are also not well suited to boost, and are a bitch to tune around. I mean its certainly possible to do so, as BoostedITR41 and Vapor Trail are both currently running that setup, but that motor came stock in their cars.

sweetheart no matter what u do to that car,its still a honda.and everyone and there mother has one,and there all motor swapped.

Originally posted by ShalerPunk
what about turboing a B20? I don’t know a whole lot about B-series… wouldn’t that be a good solution for a Civic?

stock b20 sleeves are too weak to handle boost