Here's why you didnt hear me popping and booming into the lot....

I was at bleecker stadium with my friend who has the white 90 vette…and the game ended and someone texted me that we were back at mcd’s…so off I go cruisin all the way up central havin a blast. He hung around there for a bit and was gonna be up later. I come up to colonie center lights are green far as I can see. Im just cruisin. I get into the intersection at wolf…and a white 05 impala pulls a right on red, into the left lane where I am. Heated up drum brakes all around are roughly useless at this point, didnt even lock the tires. I thought she was gonna get over and I looked straight ahead and waited and hoped to just pass by but that sure as fuck wasnt happening.

She never even got out of the car…she was very shaken up…they had kids in the car too this couple must have been about mid 50s. He admitted on his and her behalf that it was definitely their fault and not of my own…that’s all Im really concerned with at this point. Report filed etc etc, it will all be taken care of. This is the first time Ive ever been in or near a vehicle involved in a collision. Ever.

Wish they hit my front end instead. Lol. Wouldnta been even a mark on my bumper. But that old thick steel can be worked with…my friend’s dad whos almost more of a wreck over this than I am at this point can do bodywork and by that I mean the real deal. This shit. He said he can even get lacquer paint which made me feel a lot better. On a side note…that front tip of my running board…began her front end swap for her. Whole thing bumper grille headlight, off like a banana peel.

A few people on here I talked to last night…so yea I wasnt jokin haha. Im just as shocked. Ive always thought “who could ever HIT this car”. Well…no ones invincible. Time to stop being cocky.

I think I saw you last night a little after 10 passing by price chopper, car looked good, damn shame people drive like retard’s

i think i saw you on wold rd yesterday with the hood open…

Yea yesterday was just bad luck lol. I was goin to the latham greens crusin the moon show…sitting at the light it started running rough and then shut off…went to restart it and all it did was crank. Pulled the filter and fuel was DUMPING out of the jets down the carb throat, so I yanked the rubber line and a CPD pulled up, he helped me push it into the strip mall. A Desmond’s van happened to come by and offered me a jump seeing as I about killed the battery trying to unflood it. It just heat soaks a little…now I know it actually loses fuel like that. It is usually a little hard to start once warmed up even if it sits off for a half hour.

that colonie cop followed me all the way down wolf rd. i was paranoid as shit cuz i didnt have my silencers in my exhaust.
If i had known u were a shift guy, i woulda pulled over and helpped

Awww…Sorry to hear that…

Glad everyone involved in the accident is okay. A lot easier to fix a car than a person.

Shitty man.
Hopefully you can repair that fender instead of replacing it.

To think that car survived 71 years without an incident.

that sucks bein origanal tin an all .hopefully someone is good enough to massage them back .vintage on a.u.g is another awsome body guy for the older stuff ,if ya didnt know. but good luck with it

Vintage did some work on his Cougar so he knows about them.

sorry to hear about this man thats one cool ass car.

+1 i fucking love this thing. good luck getting everything fixed and worked out

thats sux that people can’t drive…was curious with those older cars that are tankish…did you even feel it when she hit yah???..or was it like omg did i just hit a pothole?

oucH !

I will say that I definitely didnt get shaken up too much, in the physical sense. Was like someone nudged me in the shoulder. And that impala flew right over towards the curb. If the hit was directly on the front end, on my bumper…wheeww then thered be nothing on me…and Idk if Id even want to see that poor Impala.

PJB–teccchhhnically I would say it actually didnt lol. If you look closely at the rear bumper…the driver’s side bumper iron angles toward the trunk as you look toward the outside of the car, and the passenger side iron is perfectly straight, so I believe it got rear-ended at some point in its life. Evidently that hit the fender and bounced back, Im sure youve noticed the body filler and rust on the back of that fender.

Yep was happy to have george and mike patch the cougar’s quarter, but sean’s dad is gonna take care of this one, for convenience’s sake and because he wants to. If it really came down to it he’d do the shit for free, theyve got one stall and his dad’s falcon occupies that. The vette has been where the Buick sits in that middle stall sooooo many times Ive lost count haha. Hell his beretta daily was there just tonight to replace an o-ring leaking oil.

If it was some punk kid I probably would have had no problem letting him know what an idiot he was and making him feel like it, but I couldnt be the slightest bit angry with this couple. The biggest thing is I have a guilty conscience. Always. Ive done stupid shit and cant turn around and bitch out someone for the same thing. I DID the same thing she did about two nights ago crusing aimlessly in the cougar because it was nice. GRANTED I know I can nail it and jump out there and be doing 20-30 mph damn quick and so once I got out there and saw a 300C about to enter the intersection I knew from the start I could make it…but it was still wrong, and I just cant get past that. I still feel like I could have stopped in time, I just thought they were gonna move over a lane once they saw me.

To be honest, I still HAVE the car. It didnt burn to the ground, it didn’t split in half, it drove home, no worries. And so everythings fine. She wasnt perfect to begin with lol.