So...I park my car @ my friends house and take his car for the rest of the weekend.

And 7:30 am rolls around, and I get a call.

Him: “Yo Adam. Someone hit your car”

Me: “Huh? Are you fucking with me?”

Him: “no”

Me: “how bad is it josh?”

Him: “meh…kinda bad, but nothing serious”

Me: “like MPH wise…how fast was the guy going”

Josh: “like 10 mph maybe”

:Me thinking to myself: its prolly not that bad

Me: “Were you driving it?”

Him: “no, I woke up to go to football…and saw it”

Me: “is the other person okay?”

Him: “I don’t know…”

Me: “Why not?”

Him: " I don’t know who hit it…they just drove off…"

Me: “Come again…”

Him: “I didn’t see it happen, I just walked outside and saw it like this. This happened before on our street…and it was a drunk.”

Me: “So. What your saying is??? Someone hit my car in the middle of the night…and took off?”

Him: “yep”

:tdown: to drunk drivers. Well thats atleast what I wrote in permanent marker on my fender.

Along with “do you think this will buff out??”

The damage isn’t that bad, but there is bumper support damage…which leads me to think it was a little faster than 10 mph.

I took all the parts off today, and un-caved the fender with a hammer. It looks a lot better than it did, but it still looks like shit.

I can’t go through insurace…cause my rates will just go up, and without another driver to blame…they are not going to help me. :frowning:

I need… drivers side fender, turn signal, golf driver side head light/headlight assembly, and new front grill. The good news is the front bumper just needs to be re-sanded and painted, and I was planning on painting the car black anyways…so :tup: to that.

I look at it this way…it could be alot worse…theres no suspension damage, the engine is un-damaged, and no one was hurt.

I’m still pretty pissed someone could be such an ass-hole.

I’m thinking it was a small puick-up SUV with the rubber bumpers…because there isn’t any paint transfer…just rubber transfer. :gotme:

Oh well atleast I got to drive his STI for a few days while I was de-ricing it for him. :slight_smile:

Does anyone know where good junkyards are to find MK3 Jetta/Golf parts?

I’ll get pics up later.

damn dude that sux balls…look around your neiborhood for the asshole with your cars paint on his and whip his ass good.

Pm me if ya need bodywork or paint done for cheap, my buddy does it on the side, has his own shop as well

Beck check out J and J on Baily, they have alot of Jettas/Golfs

not cool…
:tdown: to hit n runs, especially drunk drivers

:frowning:

:tdown:

yo my cars looking mad sweet haha

i taped the grill on, and then painted the tape black to match the grill :slight_smile:

then i custom painted “yo i got owned dawg” on my front grill.

my cars looking maddd sweet. :bloated:

thanks for all the responses guys.

LOOK FOR ME @ TAFFYS!!!

I assume this happened on my street, thats a fun corner to be going fast in. Alot of retards also use the stretch closer to my house as a drag strip :tdown:

do you live on the same street as Josh, with the black sti?

if so…you should see the car now.

I made him take all the vinyl’s off and get some tasteful tints…he got some nice 18" lightweight 5zigen with falken azenis tires. Not to mention i dropped it on tein s-techs, and got him an aem intake.

the car actually looks really nice and respectable.

AEM intake? go to his house and replace it with the stock box right this minute. Trust me.

pnwwageannnge :bonk2:

sorry to hear adam man :frowning:

EDIT: blame dick cheney, it usually works for me :gotme:

wtf are you talking about? open filter systems in the engine bay are awesome. the more hot air you can suck out of the engine bay the better. duh.

unused 94+ jetta fender … genuine vw part, just needs a skim if filler at about “2 oclock”

hot rod, kid :snky:

< the areas number one stock piler of audi/vw/chrysler parts that werent exactly taken wth full permission … just taken with partial “just dont let anyone else know” permission … lol

that sucks. if you weren’t on a turn or something where normal people would hit it, I’d start walking his street.

Not that I’m defending people who drink and drive, but how exactly does your friend who didn’t see the accident happen know the driver was drunk?

:lol:

honestly thats not even why though… they fuck with the MAF, many times leaning it out, etc. There has been nothing but issues with intakes on these cars, especially AEM. I believe the APS and the TXS shortys are the only ones that work, and its with tuning, and even then, there is less than 5hp gained (and that is only on cars already running over 275-300whp.)

:word: His a/f is gonna be all loopy and the engine will not be happy. Same reason why you can’t have a full atmospheric bov in those cars