HEY NY!!!!!!

Oh God this to the nth degree.

Pennsylvania, Ohio…and what makes Maine, Vermont, NH all “dumb” places to live?

Their Bulldyke vs population ratio is too high.

Too many MBDs (Mass Bull Dyke).

Horrendous to live in? NH has some of the most favorable tax law in the northeast and all those 4 seasons/winter sports/etc you mentioned. Have you done any research on this at all or are you just posting to disagree?

I believe it is the latter

Medicaid and education. Out of a $136B budget NY’s Medicaid costs account for roughly $54B, over 40%. Our health care costs are astronomical, and because we require insurers to cover everything under the sun it skyrockets the cost of doing business which pushes jobs out of state which then requires the income lost from those taxes to be regained elsewhere. It’s a vicious cycle. In addition we spend more on a per-pupil basis than any other state, due to the high costs associated with public employee pensions and benefits.

I agree that NY is a beautiful state that does offer you a lot to enjoy, but so does Connecticut. You can live in Conn. and have at your fingertips everything that was mentioned (seasons, major cities, etc.) in just as easy a commute as if you lived across the border in NY. Why do you think so many investors and hedge fund’s are moving across the border?

What did the tax used to be? 7%?

Looking at the average sale price of a used car on this site-

This is likely to cost a buyer an extra $1.06.

What’s the noise about again!?

:lol

ba-zing

I have disagreed on some things with you in the past, but this is spot on for me. I love living here. Albany, is pretty alright. There’s decent jobs around, the bass fishing is decent, the education is pretty awesome. I’m 3 hours to the greatest city in the world, 3 hours to the nicest mountains on the east coast, and 3 hours to beautiful ocean. NYS is pretty fucked up from a legislative standpoint, but all in all, I feel like we’re doing alright. Especially if we concentrate on making every dollar count. The costs are OK, the waste is reprehensible.

Although I do agree, the NYS tax on used vehicles is totally ridiculous. THAT SHIT HAS ALREADY BEEN SOLD ONCE! CHRIST!!

Yes.

You can buy a used car, and say your the 4th owner, your the 4th person to pay sales tax on the car. Not only that, you dont pay sales tax for what you paid, you pay sales tax on waht the blue book of the car is. (If its newer than 2000-2001 IIRC)

Example, when I traded my grand prix, had a sales reciept written out for a grand I think, but that doesnt matter, because NYS charged me sales tax on the blue book of the car which was 3500

You’re doing it wrong. All you need is a notarized bill of sale.

Also, imagine this. In Arizona, your YEARLY registration is based off the book value of the car. It was gonna be like over a grand a year for me to register my Viper there!!

(Jellies) I love NY. It’s nice.

I like living here. (/Jellies)

So gone are the days where you can write a bill of sale for thousands less than what was actually paid and use that figure as the taxable amount?

no you can still do that.

So when you sell the car now, the seller has to pay a tax as well?

Vague OP is vague. Was the tax a lower percentage before or something? When I registered my Husky I don’t remember the rate being any lower.

I only paid $500 for my Mustang according to the forms I filled out.

I also fail to see the reason behind sales tax on a used car. I understand it being on the original sale but is there anything else besides a vehicle that gets taxed when sold a second time?

No, sellers don’t pay.

http://open.salon.com/files/rsz/crop_477x485//files/brokeback_mountain1235600000.jpg

post that in EVERY thread.