High Intensity Conversion Kits....

Just wondering if the conversion kits are worth it and what brand name should i go with…i have silverstar lights in now and they own but i’m a little more interested in HID

ask flatblackterror, he got some for his Z that look ok (aside from the broken ballast) and they connect right up to his existing harness. price wasn’t too bad either IIRC.

HID > all

i had them and LOVED them in the truck…mine were factory tho

I have a set of bosch look-a-likes from ebay. I went with 10000k and the light/looks are amazing.

:rolleyes:

i have a bosch kit from ebay 6k light its white w/ a hint of blue definately 100 x better than before and i aimed them lowenough that ive never been flashed yet. unlike most ppl with the kit who leave em reg height and blind everyone on the dam road !

good luck with having them focus worth a shit with you some projectors looked into for my si and man do the plug and play kits have a horriable projection path with out projectors

to do it right on my car it was about 1k worth of parts if i did it all myself no thanks

but maybe your car has a better projector stock

Its a pretty common add on for the 04+ GP’s and everyone seems to have good luck with them. The projection is pretty good IMO, I’m sure the projector style is better but I’m not willing to shell out that kind of money at this point.

on the 06 si’s it looks so horriable but if you have good luck go for it then

there is a guy on neons.org that makes HID/projector retros…
output is AMAZING.

if you get ebay HID’s yes they will be bright but wont be in focus and you’ll blind the shit out of other motorists since the neon housing isnt made for HID’s

here is his thread (he is in the process of making these retros for 1st gens)
http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?t=271726

ls1 to svt had some HID’s put on in my camaro before i bought it off of him. i love them… only thing is low beams are HID and high beams are incondesant.

but i never use the high’s anyway so it doesnt matter

Mine is setup the same way. The lows are brighter than the highs now anyways.

Wheat