High-Profile, High-End Build Threads = More User Control

exactly what I’m talking about

I hope that builds like user checko and the other dude with the white crx will be included. focusinprogress does good work too, i would expect his bike builds be included.

after sifting through the first page of the builds forum, I think I would consider the majority of the projects to have a lot of time and effort put into them.

And I thought you were a friend :stuck_out_tongue:

As soon as I posted it I thought of you, sorry bro :(. Yours is truly one of my favorite on the site. The level of custom fab, creativity and hard work are hard to find nowadays.

/leghumping.

EDIT: but it’s a Honda…

Oh they have been, it’s just that you can’t see their work or even notice it since it’s in such low quantity. The Final GTS post thread being an exception though.

Mike and I haven’t talked about this yet actually. I think I made this post at 2am, lol.

No posts will be restored in the thread like he said, but may be pulled out into a new thread as with the Final GTS example I’ve already stated.

But his broader point remains the same that we’ll still see everything.

When the guy who’s spending 8 hours in his garage working on a car doesn’t feel excited about walking into the house and sharing a few pictures of his progress because his build thread is a mess.

And as I said;

Ditto. I have albums upon albums. I was even going to break down that one thread into the four builds that it actually is. Why bother? Its always a hassle with some of the morons on this site.

Yeah we don’t sit in an office discussing things. Josh and drew drafted this, I quick reviewed and one of them would correct me at some point.

Posted from tapatalk

boardjnky… How would this decision affect you? Do you have a build going on that you would want to be included?

I’m a big fan of discussing working on cars…I haven’t done it in a few years, but I’ve had a bit of experience and I always like to learn more. So questioning people on how/why they do things a certain way in build threads helps me learn for future/current knowledge. Unfortunately some hot headed people take it the wrong way and end up berating me and others.

As with the last case in FinalGTS’s thread, there was valuable information crammed in the BS. If FinalGTS wasn’t such a hot-head he could have taught us all a lesson on proper wiring. Instead he let someone get in his head and the thread got out of hand.

Things he mentioned that were valuable:

Soldering, shrink wrapping and waterproofing is the proper way
cramming two wires into a small pin would cause corrosion due to the connector not sealing

More information on all of that would have been welcomed, instead the moderation failed and it all got moved to a “drama” thread.

Yes, there are assholes on the internet…Learn to ignore them. The rest of us want to learn and talk about cool shit.

I think this is a good idea so long as the egos of the OP’s stay in check. Give them power and…

I don’t know, I’m thinking about posting my “build” thread soon too, but my version of build is not necessarily along the lines of what everyone else would consider build…we’ll see…

LOL, you know as well as I do that NEVER would have happened. This isnt Utopia, this is the INTERNET. 90% of People say stupid things for a few reasons:

They are IGNORANT, and think they are right.
They are ASSHOLES, and doing it on purpose.
They are ATTENTION WHORES, and trying to get people to notice them.

I think the list ends there. In ANY of those cases, it is going to start drama.

You cant solve a problem for a person who isnt looking for an answer.

if someone is starting drama purposely, mods can just hand out a warning…how hard is it? Isn’t that what they’re here for?

Or, the builder could calmly explain why they did what they did (without insults) and move on, ignoring any subsequent replies by said “asshole”.

Let me mod mine and maybe I’ll update it. Ha!

This particular post kind of raises a question for me…on moderating that is…

is it possible to “edit” the banter from a specific post so that only the valuable information is left in it instead of deleting it?

jnky makes a good point in that sometimes there is a post in a thread that has a decent question amidst a bunch of useless bashing…and deleting it could hinder the the thread, editing would be a decent feature to an extent. although I could kind of see that getting abused like making someones post say something like “Hi, I’m XXX and I’m a huge raging homosexual”

Technically, sure. I am not for or against this measure, and had nothing to do with it, so it doesnt matter to me what they do.

GREAT idea :tup:

Holy shit bro, relax. Are you really gonna lose sleep over this?

I come here all the time and really enjoy the build threads. They’re great the way they are…it’s been this way for years and we still have great builds being shared.

But this isn’t the case…they’re filled with a lot of useless shit from people. As a few have already mentioned, there are builds that we haven’t even seen since the builder doesn’t want to go through the annoyances.

I can see this being good and bad… things like various people posting the same comments and them getting deleted causing confusion and frustration.

I can only think of one good build thread not filled with bullshit and it’s the Cavalier one with the amazing attention to every detail.

your name calling and insults are childish, i made one comment that wasnt even hash just my opinion
the fact that they have to create a pedestal for you to sit on and pat yourself on the back is fucking ridiculous.

honestly i stopped posting my build threads due to lack of time, but calling me ignorant, and asshole and an attention whore is comical
it just shows your personality, and i am about as impressed with that as i am with your wiring