Highest octane fuel

Hey,

What is the highest octane pump fuel in Alberta, or Calgary for that matter?

Nate

94 at some Huskys

Sweet I was beginning to worry a little. In Ontario they have 94 octane at Sunoco and UPI.

Thanks,

Nate

The husky 94 is an ethanol blend, not quite as good as sunoco but its decent. there are the occasional place you can buy VP at.

I would not recomend using any high octane ethonal gas. Go with a petro 91.

Inzane is a petro Engineer IIRC and he uses shell V Power…So thats what i use.

Just to get things straight. Here is a quote from the Sunoco website:

“Like our other ethanol-enhanced gasolines, Ultra 94 is responsible to the environment because of its low sulphur content”

Notice anything?

As for ethonal blends and octane ratings. If your engine doesn’t detonate under load using 91 octane, then there is no need to go higher. I ran Husky’s 94 in my Spec V for track days, and used 91 the rest of the time, I never had a problem. My motorcycle on the other hand actually ran worse on the ethonal-blended 94 then on standard high grade 91.

Bottom line. Unless your car is tuned for higher octane than 91, don’t waste your money. If you think you need the extra octane try a tank yourself. Some manufacturers don’t recomend ethonal blends over a certain percentage. Check your owners manual.

Trevor.

Haha. Speaking of high octane. Today I went to fill up pops Solara and Shell was all out of bronze and silver so I got premium for the price of bronze. I swear it pulls way harder. LMAO!

It is because newer cars have a progressive knock sensor. not like our old cars.

my car doesnt like 94 ethanol nearly as much as shell or petro 91. the timing advance on petro 91 from 0 knock feels nice.

Use what ur car is rated for!!! 65$ a tank 0f 94 is a killer.
If u have knock from 89/91 and don’t want knock but wanna save money on gas turn ur base timing by 1-2 deg that should take care of it. Track time turnit back and get 94 /93 whatever u need. There is alaso race gas u camn buy 116 expensive stufff. :rolleyes:

yup… there’s a place called Racing Specialties that sells race gas of whatever type you want by the litre. I went there and paid $60 for 20 litres of c10 (110 octane). It allowed me to turn the boost up from 11.5 psi to 15 psi without knocking. The ecu kept advancing timing the higher rpm I got, it felt great. (i logged it)

smells great when burning too