Hit and run, have their plate, how do I find them to file a claim?

report to police
report to your insurance company

if you don’t want to do this then don’t expect the system to work for you

Since new York is a no fault state (as mentioned earlier) you have to file a claim through your insurance (granted you have comp and coll) then the insurance company will subrogate against the owner. It will show up in your MVR but it will be a no fault accident so it shouldn’t count

Nail girlfriends asshole?

This.

edit: any reason you dont just go talk to your neighbor?

Likewise… fuck progressive.

How bad is the damage to the Subie?

Nothing severe. All damage is on the plastic body cladding. The paint is scraped off down to the black plastic in a few places, and the rest is just heavy white scuffs. I’ll fix it myself, but a check from the insurance company would make me feel a lot better.

Good to hear it’s nothing major. For me, at this point, it would purely be about principle. I’d nicely talk to your neighbor if you could. The chick just leaving like that makes me boil.

i spoke with Kenmore PD (the guy who owns the car lives in Village of Kenmore), they’re not able to help me out at all, told me to wait for BPD to contact me.

http://www.dmv.ny.gov/forms.htm see form FS-25 (http://www.dmv.ny.gov/forms/fs25.pdf)

Follow up:

I called Buffalo PD and spoke with their Accident Investigation Unit. They were more than happy to give me the offending driver’s insurance information, company, and policy number. Turns out the officer who filed the report didn’t give me all the info. Called on Friday to file the claim around noon, and a few phone calls later, I was scheduled for an inspection of the car by a GEICO agent at 2pm today. Had the check deposited an hour later. $460 for a few small scrapes, I’ll take it.

nice… glad it had a happen ending.

Good to see it all worked out!

Nice!

Chicka chicka wahhhhhhhhtttt?

Nice.

I’d still give that neighbor cunt of yours a piece of my mind, in the nicest way possible.

Glad to hear it all worked out. You’re outcome is lucky.

See…

Glad it work out.

This is why when I had Bobby switch my homeowners and his company was pushing to quote me car insurance too I told them no, just do the home. I’ve personally dealt with Geico twice and known several others who have and their claims always went smooth. To me that’s not worth switching even if some can beat their rate.