HKS Trans and Setup Numbers

I’m sure most of you are aware that Matty had an HKS 6 speed tranny for sale not to long ago, and well i decided to go for it. I also purchased the OS clutch off him as well. Its a shame that i won’t be using this clutch often with this tranny cause it feels great!

Shifting: yeah its loud and horrible sounding but its not bad at all when u get good at it. Its smooth but i just need to learn to do it well. Down shifting i find a little more treaky.

Gearing: Well in 6th gear i find myself just over 100km/h at about 3k rpm so some new purchases may be required to compliment the gearing.

HP numbers on new setup:
GT2871R
Power FC
Z32 Maf
740cc
and all your other basic bolt ons

At low boost of 11psi i made roughly 280whp
spooled by 4k which was expected. I don’t have any dyno sheets on the computer, just print outs… il try to post them shortly.

Hope to see u guys at the track this up coming year! Don’t expect me to be tearing it up thoe, cause this is a lot of car for me right now.

Cheers Son

Thanks to Sasha at SG
Amazing work as always!!!
I can’t say enough good things about my experience at SG.

Thanks to Matty hes an amazing guy, an amazing seller i don’t know to many people that would make this such an easy transaction.

Awsome, I’m glad it went to someone on son, this way i’ll hopefully get to see it in action. It did turn out to be a 6 speed and not a 5 speed, thats good.

Anyways good luck with it, see you out there next season hopefully.

cant wait to see this beast.

fkn awesome

Steve, I want to see! Is the car local?

Sick purchase. Kinda surprised 6th gear isn’t a little bigger though.

dang nucca, that is one serious setup and congrats on picking up a awesome rare tranny.
see you at the track.

Sorry Rich i just moved to my new place in the boonies… in the spring time il probably have it locally, but for now it sits in a garage in Puslinch :frowning:

anyways im going to go marvel at it, and try not to think about how far away spring is.

im glad everything worked out good and that you like it steve

i wanna see this thing in action badly

My parents are up in Puslinch. Thats where my car sits at the moment, I go up to work on it from time to time. I’d like to have a peak at it sometime if your interested.

glad you got it going and installed.
congrats, sounds fun. let me drive it :slight_smile:

I’m glad you’re happy with it Steve!

don’t forget guys, 5th is now 1:1 so i’m going to assume 6th is either a .759 or an .853 (iirc)? from an SR or CA trans

its not a double overdrive like a corvette tranny

so it makes the gearing super close and awesome

my miata has the same gear ratio

6th gear, 100km , 3k revs…

dont know how your going to change that without big money…

did you put these sexy bitches on that back yet???

for those who dont know, these are basically chewing gum wrapped around some lightweight wheels… stupidly sticky. i pushed my key in to one of them and the imprint stuck for like 30 minutes… just to put it in to perspective

http://jammin.jshost.ca/gb/nittodrag.jpg

steve for son president?

james is a good guy who knows his stuff, just letting ya know steve in case he stops by and you guys dont know each other yet

i saw this car the other day at SG…

was surprised to see the tranny in ontario… some nice stuff on the car…

but please… please oh god please get a proper paint job on this car… it is disastrous.

i wanna see pics of this pain job

the picture even makes them look like sticky whores - i want them :frowning:

lol i don’t mind showing people the car, i would prefer to do it when spring comes so i can actually take them for a spin, its kinda hard to do it this time of year.

Yeah i know the paint is ugly, i think its rock guard or some stupid shit, it probably adds like 50lbs to the damn car, but i would prefer to find a new chassis rather then paint.

The tires are on and i love them… every pebble on the road is picked up and launched into my wheel well or the cars behind me lol

personally i don’t believe the car is anything special, i still call it a piece of junk everyday. I didn’t buy the best of the best, i try to stay away from what i herd was not safe, and tried to compliment the power of the car best i can.
There is a ton of work still left to do before i will even take it on a track.

I still see lots of problems ahead but my goal for the car is get it to a reliable and well balanced performance vehicle level.
Then at this point im going to start taking pages out of physics and engineering books and apply them and post my results. This is basically a huge experiment for me.

I will also post a budget of the car when its complete, and what cost it would take to replicate and all sorts of info.

what tires are they ?

Nitto 555 R compound