ULTIMATE DOOM UPDATE

so the turbo parts are slowly being sold off…and my LS1 is at the engien shop getting rebuilt…

I have a line on a new t-56 tranny

and just got in all my engine mounts, and tranny mounts, and custom driveshaft which is now a nice 1 peice unit vs out stock 2 peice units…

the 240sx diff and the t-56 tranny produce the following gear speeds at a safe 6500rpm

1st=43mph
2nd=65mph
3rd=89mph
4th=116mph
5th=157mph
6th=233mph

at 6500rpm

so in the next few weeks i should have the LS1 and have the tranny as well… then the drop in will begin…

Adam

to put this in to perspective:
in kilometers:
1st=69kph
2nd=104kph
3rd=142kph
4th=185kph
5th=251kph
6th=373kph

holy. sh1t.

hahaha awesome dude

6th really is such a useless gear

does someone make a replacement 6th gear so that you could actually use it with a 4.3 final drive?

yeah with only 330hp in the stock ls1 6th will be useless

maybe for future though :slight_smile:

useless for accelerating, great for getting 32mpg on the highway ;]

edit: solarian = pwnt

Maybe useless to Adam for racing purposes, but quite useful to anyone else doing the swap. Two words: Fuel Economy :slight_smile: I’d kill for a 6th gear right now, I had to drive to shannonville and back at 4000rpm :frowning:

Edit: Damn you John and your quick fingers :stuck_out_tongue:

aluminum ls1 or iron ? I know the ls6 came both ways I am not up on my american stuff.
what intake system are you going for TPI ? or something else.

you know, do you?

well from what I have read. I looked into it a long time ago, I could be dead wrong and it would not suprise me.

Hmm… I do 120 in my second gear…

So if I had a 6th gear, in theory I could catch Adam top end…

Adam, Bonneville Salt Flats?

lol Bob, the aero will kill you above 150 :twisted:

PIX!!!

this is THE wangan machine, you better have nice aero cause this car actually needs it, attach shit properly my advice and dont tiestrap shit cause if your gona go fast its not gonna like it, sweet specs dude, keep it up

ls1’s are all aluminum

lt1’s are iron block…

the LS1 is a great powerplant, light and powerfull, and modern and reliable.

bolt ons can boost power to over 400rwhp…

I am building a 100% stock ls1 for rules reasons…

will post pics soon…should have engine next week sometime

Haha… I know where I’m going after work next week then :smiley: Can’t wait to see that thing.

Adam you going to be around this evening?
I might head up.

The car looks like its going along nicely. The red car should be damn reliable with this motor.

Andrew.

Hi andrew,
yeah i should be around… you feel like cutting some wall :slight_smile:

come to the house if i am not at the shop

so as usual things are going slow…engine is still at Autoworx and they are taking forever…bahhh…

on the good side…I found a used t-56 transmission for sale for a nice $1200 which is more than 1/2 price off from a new one, and am picking it up tonight.

I have all the mounting parts in now, you can see the new custom driveshaft, that mates to the t-56 and to my stock r200 nissan differential, plus the aluminum corvette mounts…engine mill be mounted solid , which will be nice for response.

so once I get the friggen engine I can start to swap this stuff in
http://www.turbo240sx.ca/swap%20parts.JPG

Not to clutter this up, but believe it or not, Seth is actually almost right.

There is an all-iron LS6, iron block, iron heads, etc. It was carburetted, and available in 1970.

The LS6 454 produced 450 HP @ 5600 RPM and 500 lb-ft of torque @ 3600 RPM. It has high compression pistons and rectangle port cylinder heads, along with a solid lifter camshaft.

Just GM recycling names. The LS6 used to be the old 7.2L 454.

You had LS6 Chevelles, Novas, Corvettes, etc.

Same name, but no similarities.

A 454 240SX … would be very cool, but that motor would be sticking out of the bottom, top and sides of the engine bay LOL

so here is the t-56 6 speed tranny that I just picked up, it has 72,000km on it andshould be good to start out with.

http://www.turbo240sx.ca/TRANNY.jpg