Homeowners Insurance

Geico homeowner insurance is actually Traveler’s, a division of Citigroup.

I’ve had them for about a year, I could do better on the home insurance, but just haven’t made the call yet.

I pay $600/year for homeowner insurance with a 1k deductible, and $240/6 months for the car with a 1k deductible. My multi-line discount for the car is like 7 dollars for 6 months.

No shit asshat, did you read what I wrote? I am saying I pay what I pay with everything INSIDE my house covered, so shut it… and your analogies suck.

I had liberty for years auto/home i submitted a claim for the house( not much like 1800) and all of a sudden my homeowner rate doubled. i’m now w/ state farm for auto/home they are not the cheapest but i really like the agency i go through and the price is reasonable.

Liberty mutual for auto and home. I’m happy.

Going to be in this boat myself in a few months. Bought my current house (well closed) last January, at the time I stuck with Allstate for 640 a year my replacement value is almost 250k I believe. I had auto through them too. Flash forward to May i believe it was my auto rate had freaking skyrocketed compared to two years ago I mean it went up a good amount every renewal period. I think it was going to be 870 for 6 months. So started shopping ended up with Geico at 99 a month for my Scobby and wifes Saturn Vue. My agent with Allstate of course was all uppity about Geico and then about home owners going up…

The homeowners I will be starting to shop probably in October. Was going to look at taking it onto my auto with Geico, also going to look at MetLife since we have a bulk discount at work. Also will check out Liberty Mutual since they seem to have good rates.

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

I knew full well Allstate would fuck me on homeowners when I left there auto but I still have a few months before my renewal comes up. Insurance loyalty these days is crap, I was loyal to Allstate since the the age of 15 when I went under my parents and subsequently when I shifted out onto my own, rates where great for a long time and I liked my agent but nowadays just find a good company and the best rate no sense in the loyalty anymore.

I guess I will check out LM

Im on the line with geico right now. Scumbags sent me a thing saying after an “inspection” they raised my premium $251. I now pay over a grand a year for insurance. I will be getting a new policy asap. shit is a joke.

Switched to Liberty Mutual. Crushed Geico/Arrowhead and better coverage. Just went from geico at $1100 a year to Liberty at $700. I shall now spend my new fount monies on car parts. I am an adult.

Let me know if you want the contact info for the guy Lauren and I use.

Went with a liberty mutual homeowners policy - did a quote online and got a call from an agent the next day. Ended up paying $534/yr. They couldnt get close to my geico auto policy, I pay $500 for a 6 mth policy for 2 cars, Lm was over 800 for a similar policy.

I pay something STUPID with Homesite, like $234 for the year. Did you contact them?

Homesite was geicos homeowners provider, I just googled them quickly and found some unfavorable reviews. They were cheaper but not knowing much about them made me pass.

So, as previously stated in many threads, I work for GEICO in the homeowners department. :wavey:

GEICO actually doesn’t sell our own homeowners insurance. We are an agent for about 50 different companies. While Travelers is our main partner, we also work with Liberty Mutual, Assurant, Homesite, Arrowhead, Fidelity, etc. So you still get the best rate and get the best policy, but your eligible for the multi-line discount on your auto policy.

We do that shopping for the customer when they initially call in for a quote. Some of the systems that we use will actually quote 2-4 companies at once.

I’m not sure what company you go through, but with Travelers we insure for Replacement Cost not Market Value. The replacement cost is not only the amount to rebuild the home itself, but also the debris removal, cost of labor, contractors, sub-contractors, and all the equipment rental.

As far as if you were to sell the land and not rebuild your home, I can tell you right now it would NOT be in your best interest. If you decide to not rebuild a destroyed home, you get practically nothing. To rebuild the home you get replacement cost, which is pretty much what you could rebuild the home at today’s prices. If you just wanted a check to buy a new home, you’re going to get Actual Cash Value which factors in depreciation = practically nothing.

Last little piece of info when you a shopping for homeowner and car insurance with the same company. It has been known that if you have multiply policies with one company and you have a claim, that claim can affect the cost of all your other policies.

With GEICO, you Car insurance policy is with them, but your Homeowners policy is technically with another company. Thus they can never directly affect the other. But you still get all the benefits of having both policies with one company but none of the drawbacks.

I won’t argue whether or not they’re good. However, when I was researching home and auto insurance recently, I found that EVERY company had tons of shitty reviews all over. Truth is, nobody writes a review unless they have good reason to, and usually, that reason is bad.

I don’t blame you for passing though. If you can’t get a good recommendation from a friend/relative whose had a claim, then I would pass.

Homesite was AIG’s which is now called 21st Century Insurance. Only reason why I know this is that I have 21st Century for my cars and when I called they asked if I owned a home and who I was through for insurance and when I said “Homesite” they said that I was through them. Maybe GEICO uses them too, I dunno.

i use Geico for my cars, bike and home, my homeowners is actually written by Travelers through Geico. i got the whole teaser rate bullshit, and then jacked up my rates once they did an inspection… not enough to be alarming, but i pay it through my mortgage payment along with my taxes.