Honda 954rr or 06 and up GSX-R 750

He’s against them for the same reason that everybody and their grandmother wants a 1000. It is the great old American mentality that made the Cadillac : Bigger is better.

We all come to know, especially in the car culture that, the saying is simply not true, and it rings really false when applied to motorcycles, it’s actually the bigger it is the worse it is, for a new rider in example.

I honestly wouldn’t even recommend a 600 if it was upto me to fit you with an “ideal” bike. They are not as streetable as twins, and not knowing your experience it could be too much.

For now, I’ll assume that you have decent experience, and you don’t want a commuter bike, so a 600 will fit your needs just fine.
So in your opinion what is the “right” bike

Is your 600 geared?

My 600 is stock gearing, my 650 is geared down.

i really dont want a 1000 everything ive heard about them is that there complete over kill for the street. I think a 750

[quote="Vovchandr "]

[quote=JRubino ]

So in your opinion what is the “right” bike
[/quote]is perfect for me ive been on a couple 06 and up and i love the throttle response and there handling in corners.

Can you actually justify a 750 over a 600, or do you “just want it”?

i dont wanna spend 10k on a new 600 get sick of it halfway threw the season and have to upgrade. Its just wasting my money…like i said ive been on the 750 and i know how they are…dont get me wrong im not trying to come across like an ass…but i dont see the point in buying a 600 when im ready for a 750

Mine is also on stock gearing. I had a ZX-6 that was geared and it killed the top end on it.

Sounds like it’s more of a want then a need IMO. Good luck with whatever you decide to go with though.

I hate when people say, “I’m ready to be able to ride it” that’s such a stupid remark. There are so many people out there that can wipe people away on 750’s and 1000’s.

Have you considered used bikes? I picked mine up for a steal.

im not really sent on brand new…id buy used if i found one in decent shape…i want the 06 750 in black and yellow real bad lol…and im not just saying im ready just to say it…i know i am…i rode the kids bike better than he did and he has like 4 years more expierance than me

There is a damn nice R6 for sale in want ads for like 3500 or 2500 which is ridiculous. I think its 03.

Why would you get sick of the bike? Straight line acceleration? You will get acustomed to the straight line force eventually weither its the 6 or the 7, there is a reason people buy 1000’s you know… because they got used to smaller ones.

The only difference between the 6 and the 7, is that you’ll get used to the 6 faster in straight line, but you will go faster in turns sooner as well.

This is what baffles me, you said earlier you like to take turns and drag pegs :ponder, but you’re saying that you will get bored of the 600. You definitely won’t get bored of the 600 in turns, because it will take you years and years and years of constant riding to reach the potential of the bike in turns… if it all… so here you are talking straight line again.

If you want straight line buy a Busa.

na busa is over kill…straight line riding is no fun…i havnt ridden a 600 so im no sure what to expect

I have yet to see anyone drag pegs without eating shit. I’m sure my brother could come close to it if he didn’t have a cage on his bike.

I considered this spring about unloading my R6 and going to a 1000 but I honestly couldn’t justify it for one because my bike rides awesome and plus I just bought a brand new car, I think that’s enough toy purchases to hold me over for a while.

Much more nimble, easy to throw into a turn. I think you should try one out before you rule them out entirely. I have a feeling your going to be very suprised by the power and the ease of manuevuring the bike

So if straight line riding is no fun, why would you get sick of the 600? I still have yet to see the justification for 750. If anything going a 600 will save you money and you’ll have more fun in turns because you’ll handle it better.

Both of the wear bars on my pegs on the SV are scraped off :confused I need rear sets asap.

Once the pegs hit the ground i didnt stay that low i let the bike come up a little…i wasnt trying to wipe out on 890 at like 75 lol

Read my post above

Which of your bikes do you like better vlad

I don’t chose bikes on how I like them, I chose them on how they fit :tong

Since those two bikes are identical besides the motor, I feel that a 600 will fit you better.

At the end of the day, I’m not telling you what to buy, I’m just expressing my opinion, if you really want the 750, go for, IMO it’s not a smart/logical choice.

vlad can tell you first hand what my 600 feels like. his SV and my RR are alot different. He even he came back and said “that thing is pure trouble”

I am in the honda camp as far as bikes go. I know you can pick up an 05-06 600rr with low miles for a really good price.

600rr.net has a classified section.

I dont think I would EVER get a 1L bike. my 600 is perfectly capable of killing me just as fast.