Honda 954rr or 06 and up GSX-R 750

i was asking which one of your bikes do you like better the SV or the 636…i have nothing against 600 its just i dont want a straight up corner bike i want a bike that dose corners and wheelies rather well

thats kind of a broad reason to want to buy a bigger bike. any bike will do wheelies rather well. simply put, if I put a 520 conversion or another setup on my 600, I could pop wheelies all day long. But its your money, and you can choose to spend it however you fell fit. I guess vlad should be chiming in soon

You guys are trying to make the 600 out like its the bike of gods lol…i want the 750 for the power

Completely different beasts. It’s like comparing a Ferrari F40 to a new civic Si. The new civic will do everything very well, but not excell at anything, and have a moderate speed. The F40 will be a great weekend car. Can you chose one over the other? Not really. For a daily commute and around town meeting up and cruising, I’ll take the civic any day. For a weekend fun in the twisties, F40 is the obvious choice. It is that same identical situation with SV and 636. Sv is cheap, comfortable, geared down, great for commuting and putting around, and does everything well except well maybe going stupid fast… thats when the 636 comes in.

Everytime I’m going to go outside, and know what kind of riding I’m planing on doing, it will be an obvious, clear choice which bike I will get on, and thats exactly the way I want it. No point in having two bikes that are substantially similar, and these two bikes are worlds apart.

A 750 might be half a second faster to 120mph, and have a top speed of maybe 5mph, if that “power” is that important to you, but all means.

If you admit that you just want a bigger bike because of looks and or status symbol, then it will make this thread a lot easier and you will have a justification we can understand. Untill then I have yet to see a valid point.

600 a bike of the gods? Not too far off, consider the fact that 600 class racing is THE most compeditive class and is the most entertaining to watch, and has the biggest following.

A new 600 will run faster then ANY production car ever build, in the 1/4 mile, even those that are meant to be straight line cars from the factory. If that is not enough power, then I’m not sure what is.

And on a side note, a 750 is barely any faster in the 1/4 then a 600 as well…

Like ive been trying to say i want a bike that corners well but also wheelies well…and im willing to bet the 750 dose better wheelies than a 600…i dont want a 750 just to say i have a 750…i just dont wanna get a 600 and be let down in the long run

:wtf Wheelies better? That’s totally rider. ANY rider who knows how to actually wheelie and I don’t mean just cracking the throttle and popping a wheelie, I mean throwing a stand up at 80 on the highway and riding it can do it on any bike. Sounds to me you just need that little extra nut because your POPPING wheelies and not RIDING wheelies. There’s a big difference. Plenty of people can pop wheelies, not alot of people can actually ride wheelies.

To add to this, most “wheelie bikes” are 600’s. 636’s, F4i’s just to name a couple. They have much better throttle response where as a bigger bike you have all that torque and the bike is coming up very quickly, much more difficult to grasp a balance point on a bigger bike.

On my RF on had no problem riding wheelies…pop the clutch in 3rd on the thruway and rode wheelies till trafffic got in my way…so being able to ride a wheelie isnt a problem

Case closed then dude, you asked for our input, we gave it to you. Buy a 750 then and let us know in the spring how you make out.

When you pop the clutch any relation to the power output of the motor goes out the window and is irrelevant.

But it sounds like your got your heart dead set on a 750, so let us know how it works out.

all i know is I scared the shit out of myself when I finally came to the discovery that my engine was finally broken in… i was lifting the front tire off the ground the entirety of the krumkill road 85 onramp. I think it was when i said " why is my steering really unresponsive?" looked down and realized the front tire was off the ground about 3 inches. thats when I realized i will NEVER need a 1000 cc sport bike.

I had the biggest fucking grin on my face too.

please take into consideration the fact that the bike your coming off from is a 94, and your looking at buying a newer high performance machine. dont be fooled by the similarities in engine size. those are two completely different beasts

Why does it have to be 06 and up 750 anyway?

looks maybe?

If looks is a means of justifying buying a bike beyond “your” ability then gtfo.

Plus 600 looks nearly identical :tong

no wings no prayer

Its not looks its just i would like something alot newer if i cant have brand new…and the bike isnt beyond my ability…like ive said ive ridden them more than a few times so i know how a broken in 750 feels and im more than capable than handeling it

You said you’ve ridden a handful of times, that doesn’t always necessarily mean your more then capable of being able to ride it. Throw a couple thousand miles on your 750 if you ever end up getting one, then come back with that statement again and let us know.

There’s someone on the board selling an 05 750 if that sparks any interest to you.

http://shift518.com/index.php?topic=303

Whacha gonna do :confused

Oh, didn’t even notice this…

Just to stir things up a little.

So much for this thread :ahh

Oh SNAP! :lol

running in circles is what i’ve noticed. :nod