Honda engine swap

This shit is backwards for sure

LS motors vs a D series a ls car will crush…

vince went like 14.6 on a stock ls in a hatch on street tires

WTF

this whole thread is fucking bullshit, this kid is trying to sell this car that he wants to do this “swap” in and i was supposed to meet up with him last night to look at the dam thing and he blows me off and then i sign on to pittspeed and find that he is making a post on what swap to do in his 99 civ w/ no balls obviously this kid doesnt know what the fuck he wants to do and is wasteing everyones time!

sohcwips…i’m not turboing it cus then it wouldnt pass inspection and therefore it’d be illegal (my car is an obd2)

ok so LS is better than a d series…more so than I thought
Now my question is how much cheaper is an ls than a gsr? (just an estimation)

$1000

and obd2 GSR swap $2300+ or so?

obd2 cars can pass inspection boosted

:eek3:

whoa whoa whoa there bald one…i emailed you back and said that the check engine light came back on

I read the code…went under the car and found my brand new o2 sensor had a wire that was spliced…while I was down there I also saw that I need a new oil pan gasket and my clutch has a slow leak somewhere…so If you want me to rip you off I can mickey mouse all of those things and pretend like I never told you about them…still ask the same price…and let all that be your problem…but instead I was going to be a nice guy and not rip you off

how can obd2 cars pass inspection if they are boosted? If it had an obd1 computer and the shop plugged in the computer wouldn’t it not read anything and therefore not pass inspection?

IF YOU ARE TRYIN TO SELL THIS CAR WHY ARE YOU MAKING THREADS ASKING WHAT SWAP TO PUT IN IT???

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/car/519346788.html
http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40383

I want this car sold by FRIDAY so I can purchase another car on Saturday before I go back to school in a couple weeks

I am taking Best Offer and I am also considering trades (No Trucks!!!)

AEM

if you want an all motor setup and only want bolt-on’s, get a b16, they’re cheaper than a gsr and they make 10 less hp. gsr is the best motor you can buy to build whether it be turbo or all motor but it is expensive and not worth it unless you’re going to build it. if you want a fast ass car for cheap buy an LS and turbo it to 250 hp. it’ll be fast as hell and reliable as hell. if you just want a quick swap buy a b16. here’s the prices of these motors from the only place you should buy them hmotors: b18b 145hp(LS)=2200 b16 170hp=2250 b18c 180hp=2999. as you can see of the three the b16 has the most power for the best price so make up your own mind. turbo cars can pass emissions and as long as your engine is obdII you should be fine.

watacanga - thank you

fmfkid-aem??

baldone- ok…even if i did sell my car to you…I still would be doing what this thread was asking - swapping a motor into a daily driver…it was a thread asking peoples different opinions on different motors…i guess you can’t read that well but it says in the first post i left “not doing this til about march”…so whenever I have the money and am almost done with the spring semester, I will be putting a new engine into whatver car I have at that time…and I will be most likely building a beater hatch…the reason why i was selling my car is because I wanted to sell it and with the money buy a beater hatch and an obd1 coupe…but you come onto a thread that I made to just ask a question and call me out like that…not cool

you could of emailed me and asked me in private what the deal was instead of coming on here and saying “this kid doesn’t know what the hell he wants to do”

AEM EMS

my cousin has a 2000 civic si, i have a 99 ex, and our buddy has a 97 ex with an ls swap…we all have i/h/e

At the track I run a 16.53 (gutted interior) my cousin runs a 15.4 (full interior), and the LS runs a 15.2 (gutted)

If you could save up i think it’d be worth it to get a gsr or a b16 with mods

Bottom line is its up to you
If you find a good deal on one, take it

Sorry man but this doesnt look like you want to do it in a beater hatch. it specifically says " i have a 99 civic ex what swap should i do?" and as for me calling you out on here instead of emailing you…im not calling you out im just making everyone else aware that is responding to you that you are wasteing their time. You should of called me last night that is why i left you my number 3 times! Any ways IMO anything will be a hell of alot better than what you have now. wether you go with the b16 or b18c1 it will still be a fun ride. I prefer the B18c1.

and dont bother calling me when you fix all the shit wrong with it, i found something else.

holy fuck this thread needs a tampon with all the bitching going on…argue in pm’s not in a thread

anyways…http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/878010
read and make your own decision

info on where to get swaps from all ya gotta do is read
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=50010

3sgte!

thank you wrayzor

:love: