Honda Guys... Im Confused.

So i got on it a bit the other day and noticed a pretty good black cloud behind my car. I just figured im running rich so i didnt worry too much, but how can i stop this? I know cars richen up in higher RPMs but it shouldnt be doing it as much as mine is. Also under normal accl the car starts to spudder around 3-3500rpm. But its smooth at WOT. Somedude said it could be an air management issue and i was thinking something in the ignition system. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. =)

model? Mods?

B18a, intake, exhaust. Its nothing special right now but i wanna get all the little bugs out before i boost it.

i logged a b18a on a stock ecu before. the a/f dipped down below 11:1

If its spuddering under part throttle and fine under wot I would guess O2.

does it puff during between shifts? If so, a good chance you’ve destroyed some ringlands. A compression test is a good idea to to make sure you’re motor is at least semi healthy.

just boost it till it blows ls motors r a dime a dozen. seriously tho ive seen a few da’s running dumb rich this year i was wondering what was up wtih that.

Compression is perfect. 186, 190, 191, 189. I checked it the other day.

Could be vacuum leak. Maybe the injectors not spraying well… could be a few things.

Start with monitoring the O2’s and see what they do through out the RPM range.

Well i think i have it narrowed down to an ignition problem I got a new OEM Cap and rotor and its still doing the same thing. The cap and rotor that were on the car were both pretty ugly and should have prolly been done anyways. Im checking the voltage on the ign. coil inside the cap tomorrow. Any more suggestions?