Hood won't latch shut

So I put my hood back on today after having it off for about 1 month.

When i went to close it it wont latch shut. I have a seem long the fenders of about 1/2 inch.

Its in the position as if you were to pop your hood from inside of the car. Where it sits before unlatching it manually outside of the car.

Anybody know why it wont close all the way?

Make sure the hood is aligned properly and isnt off to one side alot. Did you unbolt the latch from the hood? Lower the hood slowly and make sure the latch is seating directly in the middle, if its not you will beable to feel it when your trying to close it, if it is and the hood isnt closing, pull out the hammer and give the latch a smack to raise it a little.

unbolt it
and pull it up, or forwards towards the front of the car.

also look at the latch on the red support they are easy to bend by hand and I have had to do this before…

just almost close it and check the alignment through the small opening

thanks guys,

ill try this stuff out.

make sure that the hood release isn’t stuck open.
When i took my dash apart I must have slightly bent something so my hood release doesn’t spring back to the locked position unless I push it slightly.

same thing happened to me, make sure that bar that supports the hood latch isn;t bent, mine had a peice cut out of it, so i replaced it and it closes flawlessy now