Hoosier Drag Radials..(FWD guys)

Just saw that Hoosier has drag radials now. Curious to see if anyone has tried them (esp. the FWD guys, since I’m FWD)
I currently run the Nitto 555R’s and they’re ~ok~ They lasted me a full season May-now.

I might just get a pair of regular Nitto’s for the front and buy 2 Mickey Thomson ET drags and put em on a pr. of rims for special nights or track nights.

hoosier dr’s are good tires, I’d get nittos over them cuz they seem to last longer… but they are both good DR’s

MT Dragradials 14-15psi…

decent burn out…

hook and go :slight_smile:

whats the price difference between um?

there not gona be good in the water at all. Just run hoosier quicktime pros on the size gp guys use.

Those are the best ones right…like what the fastest guys use to get those 1.6-1.5 60’s?

I think thats what Im gonna do. Just get reg. tires for the street and slicks on a diff. set of rims for the track and cruising around.

Please dont get hoosier QTPs i have had two sets and they suck compared to what else is available. I cat better 60fts on MT drs in a smaller size.

For stock gtp wheels(16x6.5) QTPs (26x9.5) are the best, the 255 MT DR are to wide and unsafe. They fit, but are buldged bad on the stiff radial sidewall dosn’t allow the contact patch to reflext the wider/heavier tire. The 26x10.5 ETstreets are softer bais ply, But a stiffer sidewall then QTP. Softer sidewalls are better for FWD.The QTP is also a lighter tire then the others.
Stock wheels you liimited. If you use a wider 93-95 crosslace wheel (16x8) there only a few better 16" tires out there… 255 MT DR but The wheels are really heaver, (24lbs) Your not gona be any fastest then the stock 16x6.5 (15.5 lbs) and a light QTP setup (35-36# w/ no tube)
For 60’s I’ve only made a few passes on QTPs in dougs car and mid/hi 1.7s. But he gotten as low as a 1.68. thats really good for a 16inch setup. Idontknow of anyone else getting a -1.6x on a 16inch on a gtp. My best best on my 16inch ETstreets is a 1.730 at NYI.