Hope nobody is planning a vacation to Hawaii soon...

10 days in November. lol.

It’s like double rainbow, but with destruction.

Really? When and what island? I’ll be there from the 6th - 16th. If you want some ideas on stuff to do PM me. I went to school there.

No Shit? 7th-16th. We’ll be on Oahu. We’re going for my sister in law’s wedding. We went about 10 years ago too. I’m sure my wife will have a complete itinerary planned before we go, but I may hit you up for suggestions.

edit: I know we’ll be hitting up Duke’s, some shrimp trucks, eating my weight in sushi, the Byodo-in Temple and the North Shore.

If you’re into some outdoor stuff, you should add some hiking to your list.

• Maunawili (great waterfall jump)
  • Kapena Falls (Another jump. this one is a 2 minute walk from the Pali highway)
  • Palolo Valley AKA Ka’au crater hike. Great view from the top of the valley.
  • Olomana triple peak. A little bit of rope climbing for this one.
  • Lani Kai Bunkers

Just google any of those to see what I’m talking about.

As for beaches;
For isolation and swimming Waimanalo Bay or Bellows Beach. It’s my favorite beach on the island.
Waimea bay for big wave watching. Or swimming if there isn’t too big of waves. Not much surfing unless there is a big swell. This is where the Eddie Akau is held in December if they get a 40’+ break.
Sunset Beach for watching surfers. This is where the Banzai Pipeline is.

If your in the Honolulu area on the 7th, they do first Fridays in Chinatown. A lot of places will convert their business into a bar for the night to take part. It’s a lot of fun.

There is plenty more, but that’s my favorite stuff from the top of my head.

Yikes.

http://robsmovievault.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/perfect-storm.jpg

Reading about this more it’s going to be a borderline hurricane/tropical storm when it makes landfall and they’re expecting the one right behind it to go just to the north and also be a tropical storm by the time it reaches them. So lots of rain, some wind, but luckily not as bad as that radar picture made it look.

I just had lunch at Mighty. I feel like both of them right now…

I’m wondering if I will get deployed to Hawaii with this storm for work.

what do you do exactly?

NEED HAIL IN HAWAII!

I work for FEMA

This will be the first hurricane to hit Hawaii from the east in recorded history. How many of the recent weather anomalies are coincidence related to our changing climate?

Very few if any. Too many people IMO use climate change as a catch-all reason for extreme weather, even weather that isn’t typical.

I’d agree with that. I think that our “recorded history” is too small a snapshot for us to know what normal weather is.

I mean shit, how long have we recorded weather events vs. how long this fucking earth has been around?

These trends in weather happen often, but you have to look at a long period of time to see the trends. Most ppl want to look at 10 years and say OMG, global warming is real!!!

In reality, this is our weather, it’s just coming back around in this century.

If you’re going to pass a massive tax on energy it needs to be a crisis though.