Hopefully Nissan Follows Blitz.

Most likly with the ecomony in the shitter, they wont have some R&D money to spend just yet on this, but hopefully its a success. And now when you gernade your awd set up, maybe you can just “swap” over (def using the word “swap”, lightly).

Blitz R35 GT-R Goes Rear Wheel Drive, Manual Gearbox

Still not impressed with the car yet. Notice no real traditional shifter in the interior. Still interesting to see what can come out of it. OBDII FTL.

blitz is in japan, they don’t have to care about obdII…even if they did, its not ment to be a street car, its being prepared for the d1 series. oh and all they are putting on it engine wise was an exhaust, they said they weren’t doing big performance mods cause the car doesnt need it.

and that tranny>stock gt-r tranny. i dont care if its just up and down to shift, having a clutch is more fun when u drive no matter the shift pattern.

just stating OBD2 ftl in general.

but yes i totally agree with the fun factor of a H pattern shifter vs automatic feel.

and “its not ment to be a street car, its being prepared for the d1 series”
Thats what im trying to get across. rwd=lighter and cheaper for nissan. yes a true gtr is awd. but you dont see everyone going out and buying one.

the comments on that page on how the car would be slower than the AWD OEM setup just shows how little people know cars and the technology around them. I’d put money that given a driver who knows the “ring” like the back of their hand(Hans Stuck comes to mind) with that setup they could run just as equal of a lap time, if not faster. A far lighter car with a proper sequential potentially uber fast fast…not being a standard h pattern makes it much faster than a regular manual…clutchless upshifts and clutchless downshifts with just a bit of throttle rev matching is all that’s needed.

Personally I agree, it’s an option they should have offered… a GT-S version with manual transmission(sequential or not) and none of that traction control whiz shit

just my .o2

+1
Nissan did that with all previous generations but they had different engines than their GTR equivalent.

true RB25DET vs RB26DETT because the 26DETT had the front differential assembly mounted in part of the engines oil pan…

Yea but everyone who swaps the rb26 into rwd applications just uses the rb25 oil pan. But Nissan probably wanted the rb26 to stay synonymous with the GTR name.

Agree.

But even the just announced SpecV is still using the DSG with absolutely no increase in power and torque (torque only increased slightly under "High gear Boost), lightened chassis and upgraded suspension. The chance of getting a manual box is slim, but I guess something like the traditional GT-S model could happen somewhere down the road.

what a hunk of junk.

way to ruin a legend nissan!

But the GT-R without the fancy ATTESA, semiauto box, and a different engine, even priced at say, 50k, would probably compete with Nissan’s other products (Z34 comes to mind).

Why not just spend 30k on a Z34 and then 10k on a turbo kit (which I’m sure will come out soon) to bring it to 450+ hp? At least you get the benefits of lighter weight, smaller chassis with such a car.

The R35 is kind of different from the previous generations, because rather than build around an existing platform that was going to be used for the, let’s say, more pedestrian models (ECR33, HCR32, etc), it was more or less a clean sheet of paper.

It would seem strange to cut things out to make a more pedestrian model after engineering the whole shebang to enable the application of all the technology it comes with.

In the case of the earlier versions, the Type Ms, GTS-t versions, etc were already in the minds of the engineering team so in that sense it can be argued they were limiting themselves in what they could do with the GT-R version.

If Nissan did this with the R35, it may have been even more difficult to achieve its mission.