Horribly Designed Websites

I just want to rant about how the NYS DMV website is fucking terrible. Whoever “updated” it made it impossible to find anything. And the font is not professional at all. Nothing is capitalized. Ugh. I hate it. Took me like 4278347 minutes to find what I was looking for. Maybe I’m just retarded, but this site doesn’t make it any easier!

Rant about websites that are terrible. Haha. Or something? :slight_smile:

stfu dawn

:slight_smile:

I thought that mostly applied to any government website? :shrug:

At least it’s better than it was though. :lol:

What were you searching for? We’ll all try it too, and let you know once and for all. At least then you can stop wondering. :wink:

I agree with you 110%

it’s just plain ugly… it reminds me of a layout common in 1997 (or just before “frames” became oh so popular)

was just on there yesterday trying to pay the “drivers responsibility fine” (thanks Hillary, ya dumb bitch) and it honestly gave me a headache. With all the money the DMV rakes in, you’d figure they’d hire someone with some talent.

So you think their website should be any easier to use than dealing with them in person???

I think she is the only one wondering…

http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/drp.htm#paydra

That what you were looking for? Took me less than a minute with the search.

well, I didn’t mean actually finding the page (it was on the form that was sent in the mail), but finding the link to pay online.

I had to click through like 4 links and read half a novel to get there (well, didn’t HAVE to read the page I guess).

I guess my point is, it’s a shitty layout. Could be a LOT better. I’ve designed better websites with hotdog editor waaaaay back in the 90’s :stuck_out_tongue:

I heard DOS is pretty good

Hmmm…

:word:

DOS is easily the best website designer on NYSpeed… his stuff is smooth and he really can put together some creative shit- without looking ridiculous or overwhelming.

Dos… if you decide to make your own company, you should call it

“Three Lettered Name” - that’s pretty creative and clever don’t you think? It’d be the ultimate name in my opinion

:headbang:

“3 lettered name” D.O.S…now what does it stand for

i 100% agree, the nys website is a ton of shit just hacked together. one would think that such a money making machine would at least make a site that is reasonable to use and navigate through…

Nice.

:tup:

thanks guys for the props

shameless plug just finished re-coding and doing the SEO for www.susantabak.com & wrapping up this cms /shameless plug

There is also another designer on this site who has done a lot of stuff, including the following:

http://iflyglacier.com/
http://glaciersymphonychorale.com/

Leaving it up to him if he wants to throw his name out there.

Thanks a lot guys :gotme: :frowning:

P.S. DOS, you haven’t sent me any IM’s asking you how to solve CSS problems lately :smiley:

If they made so much money I would pray that those hour waits in line were to recieve my amazingly badass driver reimbursement check. But I havent seen one yet.

Since we’re all posting up work, here is my latest: www.educatedbet.com

^^ oooh i like it… gambleriffic!!