HOT AIR!

i have a 98 s14 with a red top sr20.

there is no a/c in the car, but my climate control seems to be malfunctioning.

when im driving im getting hot air blowing into the cabins leg area for the driver and passenger even when the fan is set to 0.

and the other settings, such as defogger and vent position arent responding properly either.

any suggestions?

does it blow hot air right off of start up? if it gradually gets hotter…i’d almost say there is a whole in the firewall where there was maybe a pre-existing part and as your drive the hot air coming from the engine bay is coming into your cockpit. Just a suggestion.

im guessing your 98 s14 is in decent shape so the chances of having a hole in your fire wall is pretty slim and im guessing your temp settings are set to cold sooooo i would start by checking for any climate control related fuses, that would be a good starting point, you can pm me once you have checked and we can go from there

hey guys, thnx for the responses…it doesnt blow hot air right when i start it…it gradually gets hotter as the engine gets hotter…i will try the fuse thing and pm you and i will also check for any holes in the firewall…are there any other things i should check for?

that cable that goes from a motor (mixer box) by the gas pedal to the heater core lines inside the engine bay, grease her(valve mech) up so she moves… or check to see if the motor will move it…

if you’re finding that the air is being routed down the wrong paths and blowing out wrong vents while switching through, your air mixer door might be getting stuck. it should be under your dash and there might be a link that you can push/pull and you can hear this door open and shut.

try out other things first though since you’ll have to remove your dash to check out the mixer door.