S14 heater problems.

Car #1; 1995 S14. I swaped out my sisters blower motor becuase it didn’t work. The new motor works but only on fan level 4, it does not blow on setting 1,2, or 3. Any ideas?

Car #2; 1995 S14. My blower motor seems to work on settings 1,2,3 but not 4, 4 is the same power as 3, and not as powerful as my sisters #4 setting… any ideas?

second problem; the heater core box will not adjust to cold, it will only stay on FULL HOT, I’m not sure what that inline heater core line valve does near the firewall it maybe that, or the motor that closes the trap door, but would like some first hand experience/advice before I pull my dash to access the trap door motor.

I have a spare S14 heatercore/AC section minus the blower motor I gave my sister so hopefully I can fix this with just time and not cash for new parts from the stealership…

thanks

Sounds like blower motor resistor.

hey darian, i think that there are two relays for the blower motor. one relay for low, and one for high. sounds like car one has a blown high setting relay, and car 2 has a low setting blown relay. not positive on this, but the same situation as car2 is happening with my f150. second problem sounds like the air mixture motor that controls the flap is done/stuck. possibly the linkages fell off, they are only held together with plastic clips.

Car #1 is almost 100% blower motor resistor… Went on my 1995… Exact same problem… Worked on 4… Not on 1,2, or 3… Part was around $30-40 I think, and it took me 15 min to put it in… It’s just underneath/behind the glove box… All you need is a philips screw driver… 2 screws…

Hope this helps.

I will only echo what everyone said here. Its a blower motor resistor. Its like 50 bucks from the dealer.

yea i changed 1 on like a 1995 pathfinder 2 day it was doing the same thing jsut working on full and no on 1 2 or 3

regarding the full hot issue - on the s14 there is a motor that controls the supply of hot water to the heater core. Look behind the intake manifold. There will be a ~3/4" waterline with a valve and spring in it, controlled by a cable. The FSM tells you how to set this. Easy to do. I went through this after my swap - the cable had slipped its catch and I was only getting a trickle of hot water…

That really blows, or should I say it doesn’t.

eventually it stoped working altogether and…

SUrvey says;

BLOWER MOTOR>

the brushes wore so deeply into the stator (sp?) it no longer worked in an upright position, but when removed would operate fine in any position except the proper one.

$90@napa

blower motors always go on S14’s. I’ve went through 3 already on my car. Oddly enough, the resistors were all ways fine.