S14 Climate control bunged up

Whats good son?

In m s14 i can change the setting from 1-4 and alls good. But it only blows cold air, I can slide the thermo to try and get heat but nothing happens. Also i can not change the setting to change the vents that the air comes out, it just blows out the front main vents. Doesnt go to defog even, driving in the rains a bitch!

Any ideas before i post up looking for a new climate control?

Cheers

Check all valid fuses(for mode selection that is)
Then make sure you have enough coolant in your system,it could be a coolant thermastat that isn’t opening when the engine has warmed up but I doubt it.
On the fire wall there’s a valve(Not sure what it’s called)that has a cable going to it.It controls the amount of coolant that flows threw the heater core.Have someone sit in the car and have them move the temp selector threw the hot/cold range.Everything should move freely
Your heater core lines or the heater core itself may have crap inside it not letting the coolant flow threw it properly.
It could be a blend door/actuator problem.
That’s all I can think of right now for the heat issue.
As far as the air only blowing out the front vents goes ,it’s a good possibility the mode selector actuator isn’t working or getting the signal from the control unit to change modes.
And if what I have mentioned doesn’t fix the problem then it may be the control head itself has gone for a crap.
Be sure to check you powers,signals and grounds too.

If you end up needing a control head, I have one.
I also have a complete heating/A/C system(Vents,actuators etc I removed from a 95 s14.No blower motor though.
I hope these tips help
Good luck

checked all the fuses, tried a different unit, checked power to all the wires - everything is good there. still no heat or change mode of air travel. all the lights work when selectin head/feat, defog etc but it never changes from the front to vents above the climate control.