Hot tank heads?

Last post about this was 2009.

Any suggestions on where to go?

Try that machine shop on Walden right near my work?

I had Klispie do it for me before.

Any machine shop should be able to jet wash a set of cylinder heads for you. I recommend Todd at KTR in west seneca. He may do them while you wait depending on how busy he is.

Pretty sure Todd is closed to retail business.

Really? Wow, news to me. What’s the story with that?

• Updated - - -

Jerry Brett does my stuff, great work, lmk if you want his contact info.

I’ve been going to Northeast Machine. Fair price quick turn around.

Used to go to Spinna when Pat was around.

Cost the last place I was at tens of thousands of dollars because of sloppy work. Would not recommend.

Please explain? I have not had a single problem there in the last ~8 years. Whether it was machine work or parts, reman stuff. Everything has been good.

Can’t go too deep publicly about the big one, but I’ve been bit hard over the past 10 years by them. Every time my superiors or customer made the choice, I warned, and it turned south. Loose/leaking freeze plugs that required engine removal to correct, missing internal galley plugs requiring engine dis assembly removal to re install (that fell out…), damaged parts, dirty unmachined cores sent as rebuilt, dropped guides, wrong keepers on valves (dropped valves and destroyed engines) and not a single time would they stand behind their product/service. Nope, can’t help you, sorry… is the best I’ve gotten vs. the usual passing of the buck.

Every chance I get to send engine machine work to I try to send to Truco. They’ve made mistakes before, or have been bit for other reasons, but the guys will send someone to the shop no questions asked to figure out the root cause, help find the root cause or gone above and beyond to make whatever necessary actions to correct the issue even if it wasn’t their fault and refused additional payment for their time/efforts. Let’s face it cars suck, and they’ll always break, it’s how one handles it that makes me spend my money with someone.

Well that sucks. Glad I haven’t had any of those experiences before with Northeast. I drop stuff off there for machining, they call me back same day or next day that its done and looks good…When it comes to parts, all reman stuff has looked brand new. Had one instance when I was replacing heads on a 3100, put a newer style head on with studded rockers instead of stamped ones…They didn’t have enough brand new rockers in stock so they gave me an entire set of like new used ones for free so I could get the car back together. Years later that car is still driving around without an issue.

I had northeast machine do a set of heads for me before and it cost me an engine due to the shitty machine work they did. I know of many upset customers. Todd at ktr is awesome. He built an ls3 fort old boss that was done well. He is a very busy guy and I know at the end of last year he stopped doing engine builds. I haven’t heard anything about cutting off retail customers. I could always send the heads to him for you. You can try jan cen as well

I had Klispie’s do my stuff a few years ago. They removed a few broken studs, cleaned up the heads, and milled them for me (based on my request for a specific cc chamber). Looked like a literally brand new casting. Would recommend