hotpipe?

Can anyone explain everything there is to know about a hotpipe? Is it just more efficient or is their something I’m not seeing?

Thanks

P.S. I’m learning and google wasn’t helpful

NO clue what your trying to ask… by ’ hotpipe’ are you meaning the ‘hot side’ IC pipe from turbo to IC ? or something else I’m not fathoming at the moment…

All right, now I know what it is, you kind of answered my question. I meant the piping from the turbo to the intercooler.

Oops! I know what that is :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t need to have that explained

I think what your talking about, like bas said is the piping on the hot side of the intercooler set-up. Its the pipe that runs from the turbo to the intercooler core, hence the “hot” pipe.
Most i/c kits dont come with this piece so you have to fab one up or buy one seperatly. Its also a common place to put your blow-off or re-circ valve, although some people say the cold side is better…but thats a whole other topic

Air density is higher on the cold side, you get a more accurate response.
Air turbulence is higher on the hot side, the potential to cavitate over the bov is higher then on the cold side.
… to name a few… Cold side is the more effective side, hot side is used on the Sr/CA because it’s the only place a short and round length of pipe will fit… everything else in the oem setup is formed plastic…

the hot side is also desirable for its proximity to the turbo inlet pipe, making it easier to run a recirc tube