HOUSE- 174 Upper mariner Allentown.

Selling this for a friend, if you or know someone interested let me know. Im sure there will be a finder fee.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/reo/2501503133.html

thats some serious coin

looks nice though

ya, im always suprised when i see these houses sell for that much, but they do. its a pretty nice hood, surprisingly quiet at night, a friend used to live on mariner and north and a few of my friends still live on the corner of mariner and allen

glws

WOW. Lots of work went into that and it looks great. At that price it would take a LONG time to recover the investment as a landlord though, no?
What is the expected rental income?

↑ First floor is $1000/month but it coould be $1200-1400. Second and third are $850 but could be $1000.

Also this guy is a carpenter, nothing was spared when redoing it and everything was done right.

Think about it, the house next door sold for like $275k but NOTHING has been done. Do you know what it costs to put 54 brand new Windows in, let alone gutting a three story home

wow, some serious work was done to that. looks like a turnkey rental in a high demand area.

:tup:

Nice house. I didn’t know hipsters paid that kind of rent.

Only thing that sucks is that home is super nice but that zip code according to that zillow site has nothing over 100k.

That whole street sells for 300k…

Looks nice but there is no way I’d pay that coin in that neighborhood. I like allen, I like mariner, but not 330k worth of liking.

Then again, it is a rental property.

Yeah people really need to understand that this is a 3 unit rental. Its not like they are asking 330k for a single family(although they do pull that in that area). This isn’t where I would want to live in the city but it is still a high demand area to many and would be a nice rental income property especially for an owner occupied for someone who really wanted to live in that area and get into home ownership.

Jebus. Finance the whole thing at 6% for 15 years, plus taxes, and you’re talking about $3200/month. That’s almost $1100/mo per unit to break even.

Breaking even isn’t bad! 15 years later, if the value holds you have a $330K house free and clear (well not free, you get the point though). Even at that, nobody finances 100% anyways (at least they shouldn’t be).

Yeah, I keep thinking, “Man, I could buy something so much more awesome with 330k in WNY” but the places I’m thinking about wouldn’t be pulling in 3k in rent.

Probably a decent investment if you’ve got the money and get lucky screening tenants. Definitely not a first time landlord type purchase. Of course, you have that major risk if the neighborhood going to shit before you start making money on it.

screening tenants is about being smart, not lucky

I would definitely be more worried about what the neighborhood will look like in 15 years. Major concern.

That would be my big concern. I have thought about going in on an investment property with a partner and a lot of the research has been looking at neighborhoods and determining the outcome of them. Not where you are looking for places that can boom in the near future but looking at places that have potential to get bad in the next 5-10 years. There is a lot of solid rental properties by me off Ashland and Forest but a lot of owners are selling as the area is slowly getting worse.

pretty shortsighted imho to not invest in that area while its still relatively inexpensive.

In 5-10 years the richardson will be an architectural tourism welcome center/ destination, forest will have a bike lane and redefined streetscape and im sure elmwood near forest will be even stronger.

Not to mention grant amherst is getting nicer directly to the north and buffalo state is slowly expanding its footprint over grant.

some people are also pushing past richmond in the EV these days (although admittedly a little more south from forest)

And we will have a water front, and bass pro, and a winning sports team, and… I have been here 9 years and all Buffalo seems to do is talk. Lol. I have yet to see any real progress outside of UB’s expansion which has even been slowed down enough to cause the president to resign.

3392sq/ft house. 3400sq/ft lot. Uhhh Ok. I am not sure how this works, do they not count the part of the lot where the house sits? lol

It is not a ranch…

Posted from tapatalk

Still it seems tiny. I am just not used to looking at urban houses I guess. lol