Housecleaning prices

I have two jobs, and go to school full time, planning an wedding/ honeymoon, just bought a new home, refinishing attic etc. So you can say my schedule is pretty full as well, but I find time to do the simple things like clean.

so by your logic, if you can do it, everyone could/should?

seriously. the guy is starting his own business. have you done that? do you know what that entails? leave him alone.

Private it much better services such as “The maids” is a peice of shit

ah, let’s not forget the two children who are at the age where 1-3 hours of homework a night is commonplace, and the wife who has a professional position requiring a lot more than simple office time.

Basically, we’re buying some free time which we couldn’t have otherwise by hiring for a service like this.

If you have 2 jobs, it’s one of 2 things, you need them, thus can’t afford a cleaning service, or you’re cheap, and never would be in the market. :wink:

X…

You could always have the kids do a bulk of cleaning for their weekly allowance?

Jason- I have a friend that runs her own cleaning business. very responisble and reasonable. PM me if you would like her information

Actually yes, I helped start a business with a friend and was in school full time and two jobs. Im not ragging on the guy, he took offense when I said if you need a cleaner it sounds lazy to me. I wasn’t directing to him I was directing to anyone who needs a cleaner. I give him credit for starting a business, its very consuming.

2 Story townhouse, 2000sqft, immaculate job = $80 bi weekly. (In ATL)

And fuck the suckas that want to waste time doing it themselves.

Sounds like you are jealous. Why should I want to clean toilets at this stage in my life? That is what disposable income is for. Perhaps if your self start business was doing a bit better you’d be singing a different tune. The time far exceeds the cost. But I guess when you are only worth $10-$20 an hour it really doesn’t add up.

So you’re your own boss, and you don’t have to clean up after yourself or pick up your toys when you’re done playing with them…

:tup: to the good life

Shit, i can admit im not the bread winner in my relationship my Finance is. I still wouldn’t pay to have someone go through my shit and clean up after me. I can spend my money on better shit.

Here’s the deal. I asked a simple question, and it blew up. Fine, I’ll get into this whole thing a little further, and feel free to put yourself in my shoes.

As I already said, my wife and I have sunk a lot of money into this business, and it will be successful if I dedicate enough time to it. So, with that as a given, my time is worth money, and not only when I’m physically at my place of business, but while I’m home as well. Marketing doesn’t stop when I leave this place at night.

My wife is in a similar position, time-wise. She runs a program for her organization which requires a lot of time to be dedicated to it outside of the time she’s actually in her office.

Now, let’s talk about home life. 7 year old daughter and 9 year old son. 3rd and 4th grades, respectively. They both do extremely well at school because of the time that all of us put into their schooling, meaning homework and studying. They also have various after-school programs: sports, riding lessons, karate, and so on that they (we) are involved in. We’re up at 6-6:30, putting lunches together, getting ready for work/school, answering work emails that never stop. Then work, then it’s back home to: cook, clean, do homework, and maybe spend a bit of time together doing family stuff that doesn’t include chores.

This leaves us the weekends to do other family things. By hiring a service to do the cleaning stuff that we frankly don’t have the time to do during the week, we’ve just bought ourselves some time to be together doing family things, visit friends, see our parents, and so on.

So, feel free to make the disclaimer: he took offense when I said if you need a cleaner it sounds lazy to me. I wasn’t directing to him I was directing to anyone who needs a cleaner, but you’re still calling me lazy in effect. You wouldn’t dare say that to my face, and I’d appreciate it if you’d retract that here as well. I don’t get easily offended, but when we work our asses of as we do and someone who I’ve never met and has no clue what my life is like feels like they can throw around shit like that, I tend to get pissed off.

Knowing how obnoxious it is to own a business, a friend of mine does and i have helped him a lot, he works 60-90 hours a week, and works from home as well with the email and phones.

Only thing is my buddy is single, with a wife that isnt a stay at home mom and 2 kids, you probably have I would guess 2 hours a night ish with your kids before they go to bed then probably 2 with your wife before you go to bed, if you were to get home at 7 and go to bed at 11.

Businesses dont stop on the weekends the only issues with most cleaning services is that unless its a super private maid, you need to be home when they are there.

So you can do other shit while they are bustling around cleaning such as helping the kids with hw and or decorating the house for xmas.

You are probably one of the least lazy people on this board, running a business especially in the market where your business is.

Okay this strayed off topic

you have a few options

A group of a few cleaners that will clean your house for $60 once in about 40 mins.

1 woman who will do so in about 2 hours with the same pay.

Or a private maid that will be very expensive but would have keys to your house and would clean when your not there, do your laundry and other things you need done.

They are all available in rochester, they will be in buffalo as well.

You just need to choose which one is right for you.

Jason, I gave my mom your #, she will be calling you. As I said, her schedule is pretty tough, but hopefully you guys can work something out.

Who cares why, :tup: to being able to afford a luxury. I pay my sister $30/week. Normally I do it myself, but she asked if she could for extra cash while in college. I would have never thought of it before, but I have to admit, it’s pretty nice.

Can I have your mom’s number? It has nothing to do with cleaning…

Sure, give me your keys to the STi first…

I just go right to joes moms house

I have a good friend who does this also, let me know if you want me to contact her.