Video footage included of a GT500 vs. STR-4 vs. F430 vs. Elise
It isn’t a drag race . . .

best article ever!

:banana

It was a pretty good read.

u only liked it cuz a mustang won…

ford… they circled the problem.

:stfu

What? The lap time is substantially lower. What else matters? They dont like “all the buttons” on the F430. Well that sucks since its part of the reason is faster than their “winner.”

The GT500 handles like a garbage truck.

Gotta +1 that…

I must point out that the F430 ran fastest with the electronic aids all turned off.

Good point, which gives a point to the skill of the driver.

So the ferarri handles like a garbage truck as well then, seeing how the skidpad for the 500 was 1.12 and the ferarri was 1.16…The GT500 is alot better a platform than people give it credit for, and automatically assume that because its a heavy car, it sucks…incorrect. I dont know how you compare a Ferarri to a mustang anyways lol.

Pink??? :lol

Disclaimer: My opinion, not trying to start a huge Ferrari v. Ford argument.

Skid pad and lateral g’s make up maybe 25% of the “handling” of a car. You can put race tires on anyone of those cars to generate ridiculous mechanical grip and that number will jump .5g’s instantly. My race car is from 1995 and pulls a 1.7+ lateral g all day namely because of added hardware, not because its the fastest car ever made.

The other 75% of handling ability comes from chassis design, namely balance. A car is only at 100% of its lateral grip for a very brief instant on a race track. The rest of the time its a combination of braking, accelerating, AND turning, which is where chassis composure makes up the rest of it.

That’s how the F430 with less power and about the same weight can absolutely ROCK the GT500 on the track (4 seconds is an eternity).

Not trying to rag on Mustangs in general, just my $.02. Anyone can write a review based on opinions and have any car win. I could like 4 door econoboxes and had the SRT4 win. If you ignore the factual data (lap times), I can ride my bicycle to victory in a comparison.

fair enough

It shut him up yo… thats a feat in and of itself!

and thats the sypder 430… race that against the soft top GT500. :lol

fully independent suspension to a solid rear axle, why not just use leaf springs… oh wait the corvette already uses those :giggedy

And quite well I might add. Okay, know the facts, the vette uses a monospring…not front to rear style springs as you may picture. Its left to right…its a chunk of leaf if you will…and easily removeable if one ads coilovers.

You can tune a wrong setup to perfection, just look at Porsche :lol

[quote=EJ257FTW ]
u only liked it cuz a mustang won…

ford… they circled the problem.
[/I]
yes the problem GM and Chrysler have had since 1965

well that was cool, the author has some cool writing skills but the reviews lack horribly , they are not good ones at all…

just a really good fun read IMO, i cant tell u why they suck, they just do, top gear is better :smiley: