How a real silvia looks like ;)

I just say its gay because I have a passion for curves (not only on women). I’m not really going to bash anyone for liking drag - to each his own. And ya, it does take a bit of skill…

BUT what I’m really interested in, is grip and drift.

Would you rather drive a Bugatti on a straightaway up to 406 km/h, or drive a 911 GT3 on the Nurburgring? Sure the Bugatti is cool, sure it would feel awesome to accelerate at that speed, but I’m into the curves.

If you’re down with the ruler there’s nothing I can do…

drama in the son this shit is so funny ppl must b checkin these posts and then saying “oooh no he did-nt” . . . . . no homo, then responding winter bordem ftw

Mmm spoon…

Now that’s a booty eh…

hourglass is my personal favorite but spoon sure helps “tighten” the gap;)

lol.

??? really huh?

thats if ur talking about the the carburated version that came in the camaros and covettes in 1970,1971 and 1972, that was the only version of the lt1 which came carburated and for those 3 years only , the second gen small block that came out was called the lt1 and started production in 1992 and used a reverse flow cooling system and it was fuel injected … thanks for coming out

oh ya , the corvettes came with 4 bolt mains, most not all of the other second gen lt1’s came 2 bolt main, oh and they were fuel injected …

so once again, please know what ur talking about before u talk shit bitch… oh and just for your information the motor in that silvia is a LS6

so enjoy your night , put ur chrome helmet back on and go lick some windows, ur fucking special

edit: simple.

Shut the fuck up

a 350 is not just a 350, there are over 25 different versions of it , all ranging from 170 hp to over 500 hp.

i guess working at a speed shop that dealt with domestics, and imports was a good thing huh?

Ehhh… Variable valve timing isn’t the same as VTEC. Variable valve timing uses oil pressure (usually) to advance or retard the cam timing. VTEC uses larger lobes on the cam to open the port longer. Basically the same principle, but still not the same. GM’s VVT is the same thing as VVT-i for Toyota’s.

http://www.autobytel.com/images/2006/Dodge/Charger_SRT8/400/06_Dodge_ChargerSRT8_engine.jpg

UH i only said it was a Hemi because it looked like one.
if i knew it would have gotten you guys arguing like little girls,
i would have kept what i thought to my self

oh well :blah:

dont take it to heart dude. you cant learn unless you speak up sometimes

oh, and hemi heads in the technical terms are not exclusive to chyrstler. i have two of them sitting in my garage.

on a side note. isn’t the new ‘hemi’ from chrystler not a true hemi head(s).

peace

same basic concept, changes timing to get more power or more fuel economy

yes but the domestic car gods on here disagree , we are but humble commoners stuck on the notion that if its not jdm it not cool, what would we know about engines of the domestic persuasion , being the simple minded feeble wannabe’s. well im off to paint my car bassboat green in the hopes that u will all accept me as your JDM equal, im gonna go to JDm sleep now And dream about JDM things , in my JDM bed, but first Ill take a JDM shit , the go get a nice warm cup of JDM tea. well ill Talk JDM to u in the morning.

JDM goodbye

And shouldn’t the title of this thread BE “What a real Silvia looks like”?

yellow fever lol

edit- if your so JDM youd be waking up around now :stuck_out_tongue:

Creative, I wouldn’t have invested the time into it since its not my cup of tea but creative nontheless, although i hope he converts it to Manual and removes some of the GTO/Pontiac logos in the car since its not exactly either

You know most V shaped engines ‘look like that’ because of the intake manifold… just because it has it like that on top doesn’t make it one engine or another

another clueless post ^^^^

what about all the 60 degree v-6’s?
what about the ford 302
what about the ford 5.0 yes they are 2 different engines
what about the older 350’s?
ford v-8 5.6l triton?
jaguar AJ-V8 Gen III?
Volvo XC90 V8?

shall i go on ?

Maybe you missed the point of explaining where that guy thought it was the same just because of the manifolds or your attention span is too short to notice

Good ol’ pushrods. wonder if it hooks? TT572 cid BBC??? 72mm wont cut it either… drag racing does suck imo. all about the track. minus nascar. “what do i wanna drive around in a circle for unless im driftn?”

you’re all fucked!

ive never seen so much retardedness in one thread

so let spd take you to school.

1. ahmed, you calling ODM a jdm fanboy with a scrapyard engine is particularly funny because he is KNOWN as an avid supporter of KA builds. stop painting everyone on SON with the same jaded brush. i’ve had enough of you. stop talking. you’re a clueless idiot.

2. the GTO/“Silvia” (it’s just a 240SX coupe) is kinda cool, but swapping the whole dash and steering wheel is stupid. it’s a neat idea but other than the engine/tranny, the rest is silly. but to each their own. if someone wants to mold GTO vents onto a Silvia hood, more power to them. but there’s definitely no pristine craftsmanship in shorehorning a GTO dash with huge panel gaps into an S chassis.

3. a “real silvia” (real in the same sense that you originally used) would never be equipped with an automatic and would never look like that

4. average smallblocks rev to 7100? news to me. just because a select few of GM’s wide array of LS motors can hit 7k doesn’t make it the average. If you consider ALL smallblocks (including GM gen-1 and gen-2 SBCs, the majority of gen-3 SBCs, and SBFs, etc. the average is probably closer to 6000.

5. the ecotec is an amazing motor. well engineered, very stout – a true credit to GM. especially the latest versions in 2.0-liter turbo trim with direct injection.

6. fail to whoever thought the LS was a chrysler Hemi. and, yes, tons of today’s engines have hemispherical combustion chambers, but “Hemi” is now a brand name more than anything.

7. the engine in the silvia is an LS2 (it’s a Gen IV GM smallblock V8 as can be seen by the drive-by-wire throttle body)

that is all for now

1. Mike just fucking owned everyone.