how are you storing your motorcycle this winter

I think that this would be a good topic for this category. Just wanted to see what everyone is doing to prep/store their bikes.

so far i changed my oil, cleaned the bike down, cleaned and oiled the chain, lubed moving parts etc checked all function of everything for next season.

I think im going to keep a full tank of gas in it and start it through out the winter…
Is there a good fuel additive that anyone uses for over winter storage?

fuel stabilizer in the tank… let it run for a bit… cover… and then the things that you wrote also

I’m tearing mine down to the bone :slight_smile:

It stays in the shed that its been in the last 10 years, Gets pulled out in the spring, shock rods and metal get cleaned with a rubbing compound, Carbeurators get rebuilt fuel system flushed and voltage regulator installed with new battery.

The inspected and go get my licsense

virago- tarped.

600rr, full tank with sta-bil, fresh oil, remove battery to bring inside, clean lube chain, fresh wax, put on front/rear stands, cover with micro-fiber blanket, then cover with bedsheet, and chain er up.

:cry:

[quote=“Fry,post:6,topic:37831"”]

:cry:

[/quote]

buy a huffy and ill motion for “bicycleFry”…

mine gets stored in my friends garage, i need to lube and stabliize the fuel still…then back up for sale

im going to keep my battery connected… i figure on a nice day if the roads are dry ill start it up and maybe take it down the street seeing how im keeping the insurance on it year round,mine is cheap enough not to make me thing twice about it. This way i know if anyting happend to my storage place, ill be covered

Anyone else keeping insurance on their bike year round?

i dont really do anything to be honest

I rode mine every month last winter, and i start it 3-5 times a week.

I fill the tank, i did the oil change already, and i might lube the chain.

My old roomate used to store his harley in his bedroom for the winter. He’d take the battery out, drain the gas, and that’s about it. Constant 70-72 degrees sure beats sub-zero temps.

stable in the tank and run through the carbs, cloth over it, and batter tender hooked up to the leads I hard wired into the battery box

I ride mine every chance I can so it is never off the road. Oil was changed recently and will get changed again in the spring. I may be able to get it in my laundry room so I may not ride it in exchange for it being in the house. We’ll see…

:word:

I tend to ride right up until the first snow sticks or temps go below 40 at night. When I do store, my list includes:

• Wash thoroughly
  • clean and lube chain
  • change oil and filter
  • fill gas tank and add fuel stabilizer
  • cover with motorcycle cover and store in a corner of the garage
  • set garage thermostat to 65 :wink:

I’ll be tearin down the hondas indoors 70 degrees :tup:

[quote=“JUICEDSS,post:13,topic:37831"”]

I ride mine every chance I can so it is never off the road. Oil was changed recently and will get changed again in the spring. I may be able to get it in my laundry room so I may not ride it in exchange for it being in the house. We’ll see…

[/quote]

I think the Fonz used to store his in his apartment, remeber when ralph took it apart.

i’ll be storing my 636 in the classifieds section since I want to buy a house.

but I will also change the fluids, add fuel stabilizer, put it on the pit-bulls and cover it. hopefully it sells soon though.

haha last year the first day it dropped below freezing was unexpected. i darted home from school and changed out the water/water wetter in the snow.

The two cars that do get stored are my parents, but I’ll help my father get them prepped. Tops up, full tank of fuel + stabalizer, oil change, few extra psi in the tires.

The pcar is technically in “winter” storage, but it’s sitting on movers dollies. :lol:

i put gas in and staybilizer

i did that 3 years ago.

then changed the battery, oil/filter and it started after 15 seconds of cranking.

i think ill ride it if its going to be 40+ and dry.
i rode yesterday (30) and it sucked.

take the battery out and store it inside, the cold will kill it