How bad is my frame

yaa me also,
i will ask to get a few more frame rails on the bottom of my car if they are that cheep…

for the last few weeks i have been trying to figure out what is best for my s13 rusted rails, and how much what my options are going to cost.

1. buy new frame rails for 400 bucks, and then get them welded in for a unknow cost

2. get sheet metal welded on over my rails for 300 bucks each (but probably will not last as long)

what to do?!?!?!

get some 1/4 inch metal and a mig and go nuts. thats what i did. worked out fine for me.

expo2000 will fix your frames for roughly 200-600 dollars depending on the wo rk involved…

or just buy frame rails chopped out of a front clip or something and ask any welder who has the time and is willing to do it…
its not that hard if you know what your doing…

dude its mind numbingly easy (cut grind weld) its the fact that if you get in a crash and die cause somthing as important as the frame was fixed wrong or 1 weld was bad that shop is on the hook. so if its that bad most times shops wont even go near it. that and its a royal pain in the ass to do.

What would the best thing to do…

I have a super rust frame, and i have resorces towelders , should i have a new frame built , have it patched…

the fact that if you get in a crash and die cause somthing as important as the frame was fixed wrong or 1 weld was bad that shop is on the hook. so if its that bad most times shops wont even go near it. that and its a royal pain in the ass to do

yea ,
but even then I’m sure a fixxed framed would do a lot better than the typical 240 that has no frame.

but if your going to get into a serious accident resulting in death, im sure it wouldnt be much different at all.
its an old car, period.

I think your right multi. Also what is that guys name that does the welding. I would love if he can get it done this weekend.

true but fact being most ppl dont relise that and there so much politics in it most shops wont touch it. they will do minor repairs but nothing as major as a whole new frame. and the shops that will wont put there name and ass on the line for it unless its SUPER stong and that costs $$$ if you know someone awsome. if you can do it yourself even better but if not your wallet is gona b a hurtin in the mornin

Shawn is right. What some people don’t realize is that if you get into an accident and there is structural damage, the shop can be held liable and face MASSIVE fines, as well as the individual who worked on it. That’s why most shops won’t touch that sort of work.

if it were cheap and easy everyone would do it.

if it were hard and expencive no1 would do it and you would have somthing to be proud of youself for

well; i’d rather have a welded piece of shit opposed to a rusted piece of shit

I think it would be safer REGARDLESS of all that jibber jabber
because if you crash your POS 240 , i doubt anyone will care.

expo
raul
he is gay,
so is that place
but they are willing to fix your frame.
tell him he is gay too
he will know who told you about him

just get a solid price before the work is started

i dont like him personally because of his tactics

'“bring it in , it will be cheap… dont worry about it”

get the price before you start and pay cash upfront that way there is no bs
but he makes the frames pretty straight , as long as yoru frame is still fixable

i know only 1 person who did it , and that was a long time ago
but im sure he will still do it

I just got some of my frame fixed for about 250. The guy was pretty good, but he’s in hillsburgh. I’d recommend him, but he might be too far for most people. He does it in his free time at his house. I’ll give you more info if you are interested.

Anyone here know of a good shop/welder i can go to, to get my hole in my floor fixed. i need this asap. the salt is going to rott my shit.

please and thank you.

DK

BARRIE FRAME
705-726-7711
they charge $400 a side and it looks fucking MINT when there done. there the best… its all they do. had them do my coupe a while back it was completly snapped in half… they fixed it right up the floor was fucked they fixed that for like $500.(with new gas lines in) but i wasent willing to pay for the warp that was caused by the snapped frame so the car was scrapped after i paid the bill… it was my first car and i never thought about warping… when i was in my NFS phase… now i know alot more…

lastly they also do CUSTOM installs. take the frame right out and put a new one in… they did for a 71 Vette a while back. brand new frame install for like $1200(i think that also included the frame but i cant remember)

how far do you think barrie frame is from square one?

Well… I’m gonna guess it’s in Barrie, so probably about an hour to an hour and a half or so, depending on traffic.

Did you end up finding anything trustworthy?

yea there in barrie…
a few more sidenotes
they do safteys, allignment, ect…
and if u like the work and trust it then u can get stuff done off the books(no tax)
but id keep it on the books for saftey reasons.

Barrie Frame & Alignment Svc:705-726-7711 389 Tiffin St Barrie, ON L4N 9W6, CA (for mapquest)

damn… i’d love to give them a try. i was looking for something in the area. i live by square one.