How bad is this bent?

Looking to pick up a set of rims, and found these fairly cheap (or cheap enough to interest me).

the seller sent me this picture after I asked how straight and true the wheels were. I don’t care what they look like, but want to make sure they aren’t bent. He claims that they held air and only came off the car to put bigger chrome wheels on. It’s an older guy, and he said that they also held air over the last four years while they sat in his garage and he recently removed the tires for his son to put on his car.

Whaddaya think? I think it doesn’t look that bad, and should hold air… I don’t plan to race on these tires but do plan to use them to get the car to and from events safely… It’s not going on a daily driver, so they won’t see many miles either… Should I risk it, or play it safe and keep looking?

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/smallbend.jpg

It could easily be fixed, and almost looks more like a ding than a bend.

That was my thought, but I also know that I won’t pay to have it fixed… They aren’t any kind of fancy wheels… I just worry about it holding air, since it will see more time parked in the garage then on the road…

sounds like they are for a DSM?

Good guess, lol

Maybe you can mount them for me and we can scrap that Mazda?

I have wheels bent like that on cars up in the yard,they hold air just fine!

Thanks all, it was enough of a vote of confidence for me to grab em…

It was a good deal for a set of 3000GT 16x8 wheels for the dsm…