slightly bent wheel question

Ok, so I have this one wheel that is slighty bent. It balanced fine and rides with no vibrations. However, it is bent just enough to where it slowly leaks air. about 20psi every week. Anyone know of any halfass ways to seal it up without having to have the wheel straightened?

a few cans of this. :dunno:

http://www.fixaflat.com/

tube

is it a steel wheel or an aluminum one? i used to straighten steel wheels with a hammer enough to get them to hold air when i worked at walmart TLE

aluminum…don’t think fix a flat is going to cut it.

There is such a machine called a rim roller used for this purpose. I have no idea if any local shops would have one though. IIRC the maximum limit for the bend (measured inwards from the lip) is like 8mm or so. Anything larger than that and the integrity of the aluminum has been compromised and bending it in the opposite direction will only make it weaker.

Call Domination. I’ve seen him work wonders with some F’ed up wheels.

I think Naylors fixes wheels, I remember B-rad had some wheels fixed talk to him

x2

they fixed 4 bent 17" wheels i bought for $300

Their on ebay. Someone else can do what they wish with it. Thanks guys.

I dont think there is any half assed way to do it besides fix-a-flat and I absolutelyy despise the stuff…

When I worked at a garage…if an aluminum wheel would leak, we did one of two things:

1: use a sh*tload of bead sealer
or
2: apply a small layer of axle grease right at the bend to seal it up.

Either way, the tire has to come unmounted and are both considered a temporary fix.

The proper and safest way is to either buy a new wheel, or take it to a shop that is able to straighten wheels. Look for places that re-manufacture wheels…(essentially straigthened, filled, and re-painted)

Good Luck.