How did 1st day go?

Coyote

German Shepard

German Shepard/Coyote Mix

Think that covers it. This message brought to you by Dar K. Star Analytical Services, Inc.

Coyotes are actually pretty small compared to a german shepard

having a coyote as a pet is almost as badass as a jackal.

just FYI

jackals weigh from 15 to 35 lbs. I deem no pet badass if it weighs less than my penis.

jackals are no joke, they will f–k some sh-t up…

1 coyote isn’t a problem, its when theres more then 1…

scrape the 25lbs of impacted male **** off of it and re-weigh… report back

:rofl:

If that Coyote was walking through my backyard, I’d definitely think it was a dog.

I have seen a lot that are bigger than german shepards …

the largest coyotes in pa are like 60 lbs with largest on record of any coyote anywhere i think around 74lb… german shepards average like 70-80lbs and i’ve seen alot bigger than that. I dont want to know where your seeing coyotes that large! thats crazy

I know the records and averages … Thanks for clearing that up!

I have seen them that appear bigger than your normal german shepard in pa …

yeah i just posted that for others ppl reference. When you say appear bigger i can understand that based on the fur and possible muscle mass, but ARE bigger is a different story

i’m getting my furtakers this year, i’ll wait until deer is over though

No doubt …

Ever predator hunt before?

Smokindiesel, how often do you go out for fox/coyote? Alot of success?

I’ve been outa few times last year and many years ago and only called in 3 fox and shot 1 of them. Long range shot with 20 ga buckshot missed one of the other 2. Last one we should have shot at but didnt. It was within range with a 22 lr but just out of my comfort zone with my 3 1/2" #4 buck 12 gauge

The one i got was a small fox at about 35-40 yards with my 12 gauge buck loads. it patterns nicely up to about 40-45 yards. 50 becomes a stretch real quick

these coyotes looked like my sisters dog. 5 year old female german shepard that chases down rabbits and cats.
http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/DSCF2510.JPG

I go out as often as I can … Success depends on your skill and time of year. You basically have to be like a sniper at times … Your hunting the hunters on THERE ground … There incredably smart.

I do most of my hunting with my Rem. Model 700 Camo .223 w/ Nikon 3-9 with a Scope Light, and I use a light on my hat for scanning eyes, scope light for shot only.

I will use a shotgun as well in some of my spots, depending how tight it is, and what the wind is doing that day. 12 Gauge w/ Hevi Shot Dead Coyote & Dead Coyote Choke is deadly at 50-60 yards.

I do most of my hunting at night … but will hunt in evenings JUST before dark as well. I call with a FoxPro FX3 caller, plus I use hand calls. Last time I was out was the night before Thanksgiving and I called in two grey fox between 8:00-8:30pm (First came in the first 6 minutes of calling, second came in after 15 minutes and hung up 250+ yards)

If you’d like to hook up and hunt sometime let me know …

i’m kinda new to it. I have a fox pro call and mainly use my 12 gauge as its easy to point and shoot with a light at night. If i can get them within 200 yards then i’d use my 22-250 or 218 bee i have. Both are very nice 22 caliber loads that shouldnt blow them up if the shot is over 100yards. Just hard to see at night with it and the places i try hunting are shorter range setups

Which fox pro model do you have?

As far as blowing pelts out, it all depends on the shot itself, not so much the distance (although closer is obviously going do to some more damage) … If its a clean shot you will do minimal damage regardless of caliber … If you put it threw the shoulder the exit is going to be blown out, and you chance not being able to repair it. The bullet itself and load has a lot to do with it also … I wont shoot any “varmit” or ballistic tips/hollow points because they cause a lot of damage. Out of my .223 I shoot remington 55gr. core locks (soft point) …

was not me
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/18189605/detail.html